Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2015, 11:32 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
THOR #1683
Talking Mobile Suites stability???

We have spent nearly 4 years in our 2012 Select Suites 38TKSB3. It has the Level UP system installed. With the 12" I-beam frame we still have to deal with feeling all sorts of movement when one is seated or laying down and the other is active in some way, walking, fixing dinner, running the washing machine.

My question is this..... on the Mobile Suites with the 15" triple stacked box frame can we expect that feeling of movement to be greatly lessened?

We have taken the plunge and ordered a 2016 Mobile Suites Atlanta. It should be ready sometime in October. Excited does not begin to describe how we feel.

Joe

Old 07-23-2015, 12:40 AM   #2

Model: 36RSSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #2116
We do. Keep in mind that we're on a hydraulic system (level up) & we have the old trail air bag system. So we move & move even more when the washer spins. The only people I'm aware of that didn't have their DRV move posted on the suites owners forum that they suffered from landing leg hydraulic issues and had blocked up the front area around the landing legs until the hydraulic issues were resolved. Then they started complaining of trailer movement after the hydraulic issues were solved.

This is our fourth trailer (2 TT & 2 5th wheels) over 24 years and all 4 have moved when someone walked around in them. Be interesting to read others experience. Enjoy that new trailer! David
davydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:36 AM   #3

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
I feel movement in our 2016 model.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:37 AM   #4

Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
THOR #1683
I have not spent any time in any Mobile Suites in the past so that is why I was asking. I have no frame of reference. It will be neat to get the new MS in October and then compare to my experiences with the SS. I'll be sure to report back.

Joe
Old 07-23-2015, 08:10 AM   #5

Model: 38 RSSA
State: Nevada
THOR #1937
We have a 2015 38rssa and all I can say is!

...I couldn't be more pleased with the stability!

It's just been rock solid!
DBL Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #6

Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
Our 2015 38RSSA moves a little more than out prior fiver..... They ALL move to some extent, it will just depend on how sensitive you are to the slight movement.