Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2018, 02:15 PM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Factory had the 3 panels stacked towards the rear of RV and textured side towards the inside and you had to reach around panels on the inside to latch. Real SMART!!!

They "CLAIMED" that's how the showers were sent to them. I really doubt the shower door was installed in the shower and sent to DRV. Been in Construction 35 years and NEVER seen that but who knows. In fact I guarantee you DRV installs them because my stall is 1/2" narrower at the top than the bottom.

By reversing it places EVERYTHING in it's proper position.
Well, mine is installed correctly - but the design allows water to splash out.
I cut the lip off the bottom of the track that allowed water to stay in the track, that helped. Still had water leaking out. Re-did all the sealant along the inside aluminum to fiberglass, still leaked. RE-did the globs of silicone in the corners of the track, still leaked.

Last night I stood outside the shower and sprayed the doors like I would normally when done with my shower. Spraying the outer door with the factory shower head and the onboard pump flows enough water to overwhelm the drains on the track, allowing to water spill over the side if you spray it long enough. And if you spray near that pull handle the water flows right around the handle and splashes out - 2" !

Looks like a shower rod and curtain will be necessary to keep all the water in the shower. Will be better then the towel we keep on the floor now to collect the water

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:54 PM   #22

State: Texas
THOR #3109
In order for the lower track grooves to drain completely, I had to open the drain holes to where they were flush with the track bottom--that solved a lot of the retained water in the tracks. Used a Dremel to open the holes.
Our panels are clear on both sides and lock to the front of the shower.
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:44 PM   #23

THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
In order for the lower track grooves to drain completely, I had to open the drain holes to where they were flush with the track bottom--that solved a lot of the retained water in the tracks. Used a Dremel to open the holes.

That is what I did, but it doesn't look as nice as it could if it was punched cottectly when fabricated.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 06-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #24

THOR #3109
Used some black permanent laundry marker pen to cover up the shine from the cut places. Now, when there is a stranger in the shower, they won't know I worked on it.
2017 F450 KR
Old 06-29-2018, 04:23 PM   #25

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Our panels are clear on both sides and lock to the front of the shower.
We did the same thing Joe. Like you said it helps the tracks drain better and keeps them cleaner. We also added a silicone stainless steel drain cover that looks and works so much better.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:38 PM   #26

THOR #9431
Quote:
Used some black permanent laundry marker pen to cover up the shine from the cut places. Now, when there is a stranger in the shower, they won't know I worked on it.
Mine is natural aluminum

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 06-29-2018, 10:08 PM   #27

THOR #3109
I think mine is un-natural aluminum...
2017 F450 KR
Old 06-30-2018, 04:27 PM   #28

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
"We also added a silicone stainless steel drain cover that looks and works so much better."

Pic of that?

Mine does leave water in the track but it does not overflow. I don't aim the water towards the doors.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:57 AM   #29

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
"We also added a silicone stainless steel drain cover that looks and works so much better."

Pic of that?

Mine does leave water in the track but it does not overflow. I don't aim the water towards the doors.
I do a quick rinse of the glass doors and have never had water come out of the shower. But I also dremeled a line in the track openings to help it drain back into the shower. It helps keeps the tracks much cleaner. Here is the pic that you wanted. I picked it up at Walmart for I think under $5.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #30

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Another DRV pathetic use of the wrong item. They use a tub drain instead of a shower drain that the shower was designed for. The factory drain strainer is a flimsy POS thin pc of stamped metal. I came close to cutting my foot because the strainer would stick to my foot then when i lifted my foot it would flip over and the sharp metal retaining tab would be upright, did not feel good.

So I dumped the tub drain and went with the proper shower drain. Notice how it fills the recessed area in the shower pan.

Tried to get DRV to replace under warranty but was told to pound sand!