Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2016, 06:40 AM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Nice looking rig. Congratulations! Glad to hear that your walk through went with no hiccups.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:32 PM   #22

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
Nice looking unit!! Very nice, good luck with it in your future travels.

Dan
Old 02-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #23

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Very nice!!!

How about some inside pics. You sure that is enough truck for that monster?
Old 02-02-2016, 11:41 PM   #24

Model: MOBIL SUITES
State: Texas
THOR #3249
I will try to get some shots inside this week. So far we are very pleased with the unit. I have found a couple of things I had to address. Hooked up water and noticed it was leaking under the water area. Got to looking and thought it was a hose connection that did not get crimped good. Added a hose clamp and still was dripping. Finally realized it was to top of the connector and not bottom. I went to tighten and it was finger loose on the screw in coupling. Tightened up with hand and leak stopped. The power step also had a hiccup couple times. It would go up into position and then would drop down about 15 degrees. I could manually pickup and it would lock into place. I am pretty sure it just needs some grease on the latch mechanism. It took a while to figure out where to install my Directv DVR that came out of the toy hauler. I had the same sat on it. We watched a Bluray movie and looked great.

We put about 800 miles on the new rig and it pulled easier than my toy hauler. I think it weighs empty about what the toy hauler weighed loaded with the CanAm Commander in the garage. It will try to get it weighed once I get it loaded.

I got out today and got the bugs off the front and ended up washing the entire trailer. They are a beast when washing.... The wife ran the dish washer and washer/dryer when we got in and they worked fine so she is a happy camper...

The truck handles the new rig with no issues. The International has the 570 CI diesel (350 HP 1150 Torque) so it moves it right on out and will cruise 75 MPH all day long with no sweat.

More to come...
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:05 PM   #25

Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Very nice!!!

How about some inside pics. You sure that is enough truck for that monster?
Not quite big enough but he is getting close. A little more fertilizer and a year more growth should get it about the right size.
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:41 AM   #26

Model: Dallas
State: Kansas
THOR #3754
Your color combination on the trailer looks great. Would you share the color combinations?
Old 03-08-2016, 08:58 PM   #27

Model: MOBIL SUITES
State: Texas
THOR #3249
New Rig

thanks and sorry for the delay in responding. We have been on our first trip in the new DRV. We went to San Antonio for a couple of days.

First impressions, we love the trailer. No problems so far and really enjoy the additional space we have now compared to toy hauler we had. We bought a nice mattress before leaving and love the new bed now. The only issue is it is about 17" tall. When we setup to have coffee in bed, have to watch our head since cabinets are right above.
We are planning another trip ina bout 3 weeks to the Texas Hill country to see the Bluebonnets at their peak. They were just starting on I-10 heading over.

We are also in the planning stage of our fall trip. We are going to Lake Louise and Columbia Icefields in Canada. It has been since the mid 80's since I went through there. We will end up back in Colorado last couple of weeks. Planning on 5 weeks this year (extra week for Canada).

The paint scheme is new I think. It is the Silver Sands Full Body one.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote