Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2017, 05:23 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Maryland
THOR #4040
RECALL -- Add Reflector Tape ??

Did anyone get a certified letter recall -- saying that DRV did not put the front reflector / lights in the right place ---- they are too high and that they now need to be between 48" and 60" on each side of the front.

DRV's solution is 2 pieces of reflector tape for my / our $100K + coaches.

Are you serious!!

I will go out and find a nice, matching yellow reflector that looks very much like our side lights.

Don

DonandPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #2

Model: 39DBRS3
State: Arizona
THOR #5464
Out of curiosity I went out and measured mine. The bottom of the reflector, with the trailer level, is 47.5 off the ground. I could see some DOT guy having a fit over that. Not going to add any thing to ours.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:03 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
They make a 3/4 inch LED round that is DOT approved. If necessary I'd look into adding these at the appropriate height. We use them as turn signal lights on street legal ATVs.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:27 PM   #4

THOR #4040
DOT Round

That 3/4" round may work. Ill take a look at them. I may go a little bigger to match the lights on the trailer.

thanks

Don
Old 08-30-2017, 10:55 PM   #5

Model: 36TK3
State: California
THOR #2059
Why even mess with it? After ~100K miles and 11 years it hasn't been a problem. Does anyone think additional reflectors or lights will really help? Mine are going on grandkids bicycles.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:23 PM   #6

THOR #4040
RECALL was for 2016 DRV

The recall from DRV was for my 2016 DRV. I do not think the enforcement people for the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act really are concerned about an 11 year old DRV.
Attached are the documents I received to explain the recall.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3080.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	6638   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3081.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	6639  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3082.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	6640  
Old 08-30-2017, 11:51 PM   #7

Model: 43' MS Atlanta
THOR #1683
Our Atlanta is a 2016 model also. We have not gotten any kind of recall notice about it.

Joe
Old 08-31-2017, 01:22 AM   #8

Model: 36TK3
State: California
THOR #2059
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonandPatti View Post
The recall from DRV was for my 2016 DRV. I do not think the enforcement people for the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act really are concerned about an 11 year old DRV.
Attached are the documents I received to explain the recall.

Don
Apparently they are concerned. I received the letter for our OLD 2007 MS including the two amber reflectors with SAE A DOT on the front. Threw the letter away but still have the reflectors.

Maybe I shouldn't hang out here any more with my OLD MS. Didn't realize I needed a NEW coach to partisipate.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:07 AM   #9

State: Texas
THOR #3109
Kind of pales against the calipers falling off...
Old 08-31-2017, 04:23 PM   #10

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
I signed stating I did NOT want the round reflectors installed when doing my 1 year warranty at the factory. They are still setting in one of my bins.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:39 PM   #11

THOR #4040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I signed stating I did NOT want the round reflectors installed when doing my 1 year warranty at the factory. They are still setting in one of my bins.
At least they were round reflectors --- I got stick on tape. REALLY !!!

Don
Old 09-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #12

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonandPatti View Post
At least they were round reflectors --- I got stick on tape. REALLY !!!

Don
Truly pathetic!
Old 09-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #13

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
How much did DRV charge you to fix a problem that doesn't exist? Did you actually put them on? Would you have felt better if they charged you a big bunch to go with your expensive trailer? Don't understand all the snarky responses. "Really!pathetic!"

Bill
Old 09-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #14

THOR #1661
The "pathetic" part is they should have had actual lights added instead of tape or reflectors.

They are the ones that did not do as they should have. The tech did give me lights to add instead of the reflectors. No way "Mr NO" would have done that.

Yes Porkchop you have never had a DRV issue you are indeed a lucky individual.

Snarky comments? I am just trying to be PG-13 when NC-17 is more appropriate in response to many of DRV's actions. Happy you have zero issues.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:10 PM   #15

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
So you think DRV should of had a recall and brought all of the affected trailers in and moved or added a light? I wonder how hard you would of been on them for that.
I have had a few problems. But I don't sit around and bitch and moan about it. I take care of it. Either with factory support or on my own. But then again I don't call the people in the factory names and they are willing to help above and beyond. Matter of fact I will be at the factory to have slide toppers installed next week. We bought this trailer, our 6th DRV in early June. I have NO punch list so far for the factory. Had one small adjustment required, which I took care of myself with out blasting anyone from the factory or the dealer.
And believe me, the tech did not give you anything that was not authorized by Mr NO.
If I was as unhappy as you appear to be most of the time with your trailer I'd either sell it or give it away. To each his own I guess. Instead of getting a flame thrower out, next time try honey first and maybe you would be welcomed back there for some free help and advice. Good luck

Bill
Old 09-06-2017, 09:28 PM   #16

Model: 39DBRS3
THOR #5464
You know Bill the good thing is the folks at the factory don't know our names, but do remember Cummins. Last spring when I was at the factory having some some items I couldn't do myself they sure remembered him as "MR 99 fix list" and a few terms I won't repeat..Dick
Old 09-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #17

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
So you think DRV should of had a recall and brought all of the affected trailers in and moved or added a light? I wonder how hard you would of been on them for that.
I have had a few problems. But I don't sit around and bitch and moan about it. I take care of it. Either with factory support or on my own. But then again I don't call the people in the factory names and they are willing to help above and beyond. Matter of fact I will be at the factory to have slide toppers installed next week. We bought this trailer, our 6th DRV in early June. I have NO punch list so far for the factory. Had one small adjustment required, which I took care of myself with out blasting anyone from the factory or the dealer.
And believe me, the tech did not give you anything that was not authorized by Mr NO.
If I was as unhappy as you appear to be most of the time with your trailer I'd either sell it or give it away. To each his own I guess. Instead of getting a flame thrower out, next time try honey first and maybe you would be welcomed back there for some free help and advice. Good luck

Bill

Sure nice to know my history. I kept my mouth shut so I would get a fair shake before I went to the Factory for my one year warranty of my choosing to go there. Not one time did Mr NO say they would not cover all of my detailed list until AFTER my 4th day when I was getting warranty work done and I asked the Tech about list and then he showed my the "NO" marks from you know who. Guess what Mr No was gone and I had to deal with Chad to get some of the items fixed.

Believe me I am generally happy with my DRV and I have said so MANY times. I fix everything my self now that warranty is over. Up to that point I touched nothing since I was planning a warranty trip from the time it was delivered to me.

Sorry but you have no Idea what I was given by my tech and I am not going to say since I was asked not to mention it. Let's just say I was made even.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #18

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobi, Dick and Ruby McKee View Post
You know Bill the good thing is the folks at the factory don't know our names, but do remember Cummins. Last spring when I was at the factory having some some items I couldn't do myself they sure remembered him as "MR 99 fix list" and a few terms I won't repeat..Dick

That is correct. I made sure they knew my handle so Mr NO could see when topics came up I would comment factually about how I was treated by whom.

Should I post the list again???
Old 09-08-2017, 04:03 AM   #19

State: Texas
THOR #3109
I have a certified letter from DRV waiting to be forwarded to me--guess it is the tape?