Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2018, 04:16 PM   #41

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
"being in construction 35 years i can say nice job! Also good call on eye protection. But, where are the ear plugs???"

what?? Huh???? Can you speak up? :d

dan

zactly!!!

Old 09-02-2018, 05:11 AM   #42

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
A bump for Joe.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #29616
I have been to Twin Lakes in LaGrange twice & each time they did the job at a fair price & finished promptly. These were small repairs but I feel comfortable that they would perform a bigger job just as well. There repair bays are large & clean. I used Interstate to install slide toppers 8 years ago & was very happy with their service.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:29 PM   #44

Model: 39RESB3
State: Florida
THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAinaChevrolet View Post
I have been to Twin Lakes in LaGrange twice & each time they did the job at a fair price & finished promptly. These were small repairs but I feel comfortable that they would perform a bigger job just as well. There repair bays are large & clean. I used Interstate to install slide toppers 8 years ago & was very happy with their service.
Ray, we stopped by and made a visit to Jay at Twin Lakes and we were impressed by the clean work area and facility that he and his wife run. He had one other employee there at the time and spoke highly of him. He also keeps a few slide floors in stock! This tells me that DRV has/had a real issue with this problem.
Bottom line, check your slides on a weekly bases for any separation of sealant! Believe me, you will be money ahead!
juicesqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:51 PM   #45

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAinaChevrolet View Post
I have them both on the list already. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #46

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #29616
Thanks. I should have prefaced my comments by saying I was providing feedback on their services. You’re doing a great thing by building this lust of vendors.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #47

Model: Fullhouse JX450
State: Texas
THOR #8939
Mobile RV service

Got some excellent mobile service while staying in the Kerrville, TX area from GC & Company. Had to replace my automatic transfer switch. Several other RVs around me also used his service that week - he has a great reputation in this area.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:44 AM   #48

THOR #1658
A thread coming back from the DEAD. This idea was brought up on FB and I said that I have one going on already. So new places have been added. And it is not just about Mobile service. Service period, mechanical or body work.
So if you have anything that is not listed please post it up.

We are ONLY looking for DRV owners to reply as all rigs are constructed differently.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:08 PM   #49

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
If you are having front RAM issues like dropping going down the road and front of RV setteling PM me. I have a personal friend in WA that is a Machinist then knows how to make the RAM's trouble free and can make them more stable when apart.

He has rebuilt mine and recently rynosbak's. I am sure Ryan will chime in with a glowing report.

He has a pit to lower the RAM's into along with a place to park your RV while the repairs are being done. His shop in 45 minutes North of Seattle, WA just off I-5.

He uses top quality seals unlike what comes with your DRV. He re aligns the foot pad adapter also.

He cuts off the nut and welds on a new one that is in alignment with the RAM. Every one is welded on crooked from the factory.

Every one of the RAM's outside return tubes will be worn. roberts will replace the whole tube but don't address the issue causing this problem. Les has came up with a method to stop this wear that can cause a major leak.

He also can address any brake/bearing issues. He simply is a QUALITY guy!!!

Old 01-13-2020, 04:52 PM   #50

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
I have two repair people to recommend. Tom`s Mobile RV in AuSable Falls NY 518-647-5102 Repaired my macerator pipes in my Roadtrek and had the work done in a couple of hours when all the other local RV dealers were too busy to even look at the problem.
Was recommended by the Lake Placid KOA where we were staying
OBX Mobile RV Repair Kill Devil Hills NC. 252-202-2201 Repaired a leaky faucet in my
Roadtrek and fixed our travelling couples taillight wiring on their Lexington MH.
Done very quickly and had us back on the road in an hour
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB