Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2018, 09:05 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Exclamation Recommended RV Repair MAP

I’m mapping good/DRV owner approved repair places to take your DRV to or Mobile repair. If you have gone to or found a good mobile tech, please post up there information so I can put it on the map. Hopefully we will never need them, but things happen when towing a rolling earthquake behind us. Thanks for all of your feedback.
Ryan

http://mapq.st/2yNKEJP

Please post the
Name
Address
Phone number
Website
And any comments that you would like to add.

If any of the information is wrong on the map, please let me know so I can get it corrected.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:57 AM   #2

THOR #1658
This is AWESOME that no one has needed any repairs, or is it that finding a good place for service is like finding a needle in a hey stack? So there has not been any recommendations.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #3

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
I have very limited experience with this outfit. But I have heard good reports from others and the parking lot usually has some high end rigs, Newmar's Prevost's and Tiffin's for example.

I went there one time for a repair estimate after a blowout, and that was the limit of my personal experience.

Risco RV | A World Class RV Maintenance Facility.

They are in Wall Township, NJ. About mid state on the coast for geographic reference.

I will be checking t see if they can weld skid wheels on my trailer hitch in the near future though. Using ramps made up out of 2 x 10's is getting old getting in and out of my driveway.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #4

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
The ONLY place I would consider RV repair is with Slade at Rolling Retreats in Elk City, OK.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #5

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
I have very limited experience with this outfit. But I have heard good reports from others and the parking lot usually has some high end rigs, Newmar's Prevost's and Tiffin's for example.

I went there one time for a repair estimate after a blowout, and that was the limit of my personal experience.

Risco RV | A World Class RV Maintenance Facility.

They are in Wall Township, NJ. About mid state on the coast for geographic reference.

I will be checking t see if they can weld skid wheels on my trailer hitch in the near future though. Using ramps made up out of 2 x 10's is getting old getting in and out of my driveway.
Have them added to the map. Thanks
Old 07-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #6

State: Texas
THOR #11383
Twin Lakes at LaGrange IN. how big is that business?? Also there a fellow who work for DRV in repair a couple years back but left after the Ralley last year, his name was Floyd or Lloyd. He went on his own and I would recommend him but don't know the business name.
A friend has a good experience after 500 year flood last summer. His Insurance Co. recommended this organization after his dealer said is was to much for them and Thor would not look at it for about 4 months . The damage was everything below the floor one inch. The repair included body work replacing water soaked sections, electrical panels and controls. The Ford part of the class A was done at the local dealer after towing. He was able to live in it, all but two weeks after parts arrived. He was in and out the door is less 5 weeks from first call for a larger 5 figure repair. What they don't do. someone in Columbia, MO does.
Clay
Perry Legend Collision Repair Center

3101 Lemone Industrial Blvd.
Columbia, MO 65201
Phone: (573) 442-7883
Old 07-14-2018, 03:13 PM   #7

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS60ocb View Post
Twin Lakes at LaGrange IN. how big is that business?? Also there a fellow who work for DRV in repair a couple years back but left after the Ralley last year, his name was Floyd or Lloyd. He went on his own and I would recommend him but don't know the business name.
A friend has a good experience after 500 year flood last summer. His Insurance Co. recommended this organization after his dealer said is was to much for them and Thor would not look at it for about 4 months . The damage was everything below the floor one inch. The repair included body work replacing water soaked sections, electrical panels and controls. The Ford part of the class A was done at the local dealer after towing. He was able to live in it, all but two weeks after parts arrived. He was in and out the door is less 5 weeks from first call for a larger 5 figure repair. What they don't do. someone in Columbia, MO does.
Clay

Columbia, MO 65201
Not sure what you mean by how big are they? I think the have 4 or 5 bays to pull rigs into. One of them worked at DRV service for many years.
Added you suggestion to the list. So the do repairs as well as body work?
Old 07-14-2018, 03:43 PM   #8

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
The ONLY place I would consider RV repair is with Slade at Rolling Retreats in Elk City, OK.

And following along on various forums, they seem to be able to handle less and less of their non customers.

That's a problem for consumers when a shop gets high kudos and gets too busy where they need to expand, or worse expand at the cost of quality.
Something that can't be helped. Every RV they sell adds to their workload.

Being 1700 miles away makes it an easier choice for me. Looks like the factory for big stuff and my driveway for just about everything else.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:56 PM   #9

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Home | Redlands RV and Truck Performance Center Located in Redlands, CA. Not cheap, but do an excellent job and family owned. They have there own overnight camping area for longer repairs right down the street.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #10

Model: 39RESB3
State: Florida
THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS60ocb View Post
Clay

Columbia, MO 65201
I believe you are speaking about Bob Cross, who owns Cross RV, now named Interstate RV in LaGrange. I will be up there August 29th for my bedroom slide repair. I have heard great things about them, but have not used them to date. Will know after our visit. Keeping fingers crossed!
juicesqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:17 PM   #11

THOR #3109
Cross RV/Indiana Interstate--Paul and Kay Cross. Don't know if there is a Bob Cross.
Might see you there, we are scheduled around that time.
Joe
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:01 PM   #12

THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Cross RV/Indiana Interstate--Paul and Kay Cross. Don't know if there is a Bob Cross.
Joe
My mistake, Paul Cross is correct! I'm having one of those days again!

That would be great to meet up as well. We have an appointment for the 29th of August.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:43 PM   #13
MnP

Model: 38RSSB3
THOR #2069
Quote:
Joe
We were in there mid-May to have the carpet replaced in the rig and slide adjustment. Will be back in there October 8 for slide floor replacement in bedroom slide and the big kitchen slide $$$$$$. Ouch! Paul knows his stuff. He was an original DRV employee but left the company about 10 years ago to go out on his own. Has several DRV's in there at any one time for repairs and remodel.
MnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:11 AM   #14

THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnP View Post
We were in there mid-May to have the carpet replaced in the rig and slide adjustment. Will be back in there October 8 for slide floor replacement in bedroom slide and the big kitchen slide $$$$$$. Ouch! Paul knows his stuff. He was an original DRV employee but left the company about 10 years ago to go out on his own. Has several DRV's in there at any one time for repairs and remodel.
We are having the bottom floor on the bedroom slide replaced. They will order the floor from DRV this month for the install. Yes, it isn't cheap, but has to be done!
Old 07-15-2018, 04:38 AM   #15

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
And following along on various forums, they seem to be able to handle less and less of their non customers.

That's a problem for consumers when a shop gets high kudos and gets too busy where they need to expand, or worse expand at the cost of quality.
Something that can't be helped. Every RV they sell adds to their workload.

Being 1700 miles away makes it an easier choice for me. Looks like the factory for big stuff and my driveway for just about everything else.
I do 99% of the up keep and repair myself also.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:40 AM   #16

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicesqueezer View Post
We are having the bottom floor on the bedroom slide replaced. They will order the floor from DRV this month for the install. Yes, it isn't cheap, but has to be done!
WOW, a 2014 rig and you need the floor replaced?
Old 07-15-2018, 04:43 AM   #17

THOR #1658
Quote:
Joe
Joe, is this the place you are talking about?
Home Page

You have had a good experience there and I should add them to the map?
Old 07-15-2018, 04:48 AM   #18

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Home | Redlands RV and Truck Performance Center Located in Redlands, CA. Not cheap, but do an excellent job and family owned. They have there own overnight camping area for longer repairs right down the street.
Got it added, thanks.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #19

THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Joe, is this the place you are talking about?
Home Page

You have had a good experience there and I should add them to the map?
Yes, this is the repair shop. On my rig, it looked like water was seeping into the metal L bracket that secures the side wall to the outside bottom floor. There is no damage inside the RV floor. Apparently they have had numerous problems with this in the past. The slide works, but has a drop in the rear outside corner and it is soft, hence the drop. There is a teflon type floor that those rollers glide on and then I believe 3/4 inch plywood. Hope to take photos while there of the process for others to see.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #20

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
"We are having the bottom floor on the bedroom slide replaced"

Another reason we are happy without a door side bedroom slide!

Plywood floors in slides are 1 or 1 1/8"