Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2016, 01:28 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1678
Samsung TV

Our Samsung TV in our 2008 MS just started going off and turning right back on just as though someone turned it off and right back on. It may stay of for anywhere from a few seconds to 20 or 30 minutes. Any ideas for a fix or is it time for a new TV. If a new TV any suggestions for a model that will take the stress of bouncing down the road.What brand and model are they putting in the new units.

2008 36RSS3B #4570
2005 Freightliner M2-106 Sport
Eagle Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:35 AM   #2

State: Florida
THOR #2100
Could you be close to another rig that has a Samsung?
Old 04-18-2016, 02:49 AM   #3

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
We had a Jensen In our previous SOB that came on every morning at 2am, had to replace it.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:00 AM   #4
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Our Samsung TV in our 2008 MS just started going off and turning right back on just as though someone turned it off and right back on. It may stay of for anywhere from a few seconds to 20 or 30 minutes. Any ideas for a fix or is it time for a new TV. If a new TV any suggestions for a model that will take the stress of bouncing down the road.What brand and model are they putting in the new units.
We have 3 remotes in our Axis (one for each tv, all tv's & remotes are compatible)...just thinking...could you have an extra remote laying around, where a pet could be laying on it, or stepping on it? That has happened at home.

In previous rv's we have replaced an outdated tv...have had good luck with Visio ..stayed with reasonably priced just in case the vibration, etc. caused problems.
never had a problem.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:11 AM   #5

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
We have 3 remotes in our Axis (one for each tv, all tv's & remotes are compatible)...just thinking...could you have an extra remote laying around, where a pet could be laying on it, or stepping on it? That has happened at home.

In previous rv's we have replaced an outdated tv...have had good luck with Visio ..stayed with reasonably priced just in case the vibration, etc. caused problems.
never had a problem.
I like this one, grandkids were watching TV, on main TV, and of course the boss (DW) was in the bedroom watching her show, and she kept telling me somthing is wrong with the TV it keeps changing channels on me. Of course I let that one go as long as I could, I just told her, what ever it is she is doing it, while looking at the kids seeing they were changing the channel at the same time the boss was complaining. I guess it was funnier at the time, but this went on for 30 minutes and of course I was telling the kids to change the channel. It does't work on her anymore. Yep, we could use either remote for either TV. Maybe that is why they made the outside TV a different brand.

OK, sorry I'm not much help to the OP, but I couldn't help myself.

But if it helps, our main TV was changed out after 3 months. But it would not make sound with a DVD in.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:52 AM   #6

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Old 04-18-2016, 04:38 PM   #7

Model: Dallas
State: Texas
THOR #3440
We just had this problem with our 2015 Dallas with a 48" Samsung. Diagnostics were performed at a local TV repair shop and it was determined that a board or something in the set was bad and was going to cost near the price of replacing it. Our extended waranty covered it. The model TV we had was no longer available so they upgraded us to a Samsung Smart TV. We are very happy with their decision.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:10 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Hardinkr,

Is that Samsung Smart TV also a 110V and/or 12Volt unit?

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:15 PM   #9

Model: Dallas
State: Texas
THOR #3440
DocMike

It is a 110 volt only. It was kinda pricy according to the repair shop.

Ken
Old 04-18-2016, 07:46 PM   #10

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
The Smart part is where the extra cost came in, but a good deal for you!

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:01 PM   #11

Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
We have a Samsung at home with exactly the same issue. First try to turn off any internet connective activity. Any Smart features can cause that. If not it is a board issue.

I have found a sweet spot to tap. Mine if on the back left side and about half way dow. I thump it and it works for a week or two and then starts again.

Most probably the board is bad. Check though for a sweet spot befor4e you decide to have it fixed.

Phil
Old 04-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #12

Model: 36RSSB3
THOR #1678
Thanks for the replies. Looks like a new TV is in the near future. Now for another question. My TV is mounted to the wall, not on a lift, and has the sliding doors that close in front of it. Does anyone know now to get it off the wall. There doesn't seem to be much room to get behind it.
2008 36RSS3B #4570
2005 Freightliner M2-106 Sport
Eagle Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:21 PM   #13
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Thanks for the replies. Looks like a new TV is in the near future. Now for another question. My TV is mounted to the wall, not on a lift, and has the sliding doors that close in front of it. Does anyone know now to get it off the wall. There doesn't seem to be much room to get behind it.
We removed our bedroom TV which was firmly mounted to a non-movable device...in order to figure it out...I took photos of the mount/back of tv with my phone (flash) .. that was the only way we could figure out how to find the screws which allow you to slide the tv off the bracket

iphoneography at its best !!

good luck !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote