Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2017, 03:33 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB4
State: South Dakota
THOR #5859
Separate Circuit Breaker For Stove Area

I finally did the project I have been wanting to do for a while now.
In my rig, the living room and the stove area are on the same 15 amp CB. When electric is included with the site rent, I heat as much as I can with electric. When its cold I have a baseboard heater in the living room area. When we need to make coffee in the kitchen the coffee maker always pops the CB. I looked the problem over and found that the wiring for the living room went from the breaker panel to the kitchen slide, then to the living room area. I removed the kitchen from the circuit, ran a new 12/2 line from the breaker panel (very easy to do) and replaced the single pole 20 amp CB for the dishwasher with a 2 pole one that fits in the same space. So now the 2 outlets in the kitchen are on their own CB and the living room is on its own CB.
Easy peasy.

2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #2

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Really pathetic, from our entry door to the left along dining, then back and around to entertainment center and then the kitchen up to the frig were ALL on one 15A circuit. I added a 20A breaker and ran 12/2 in SO wire to the outlet next to the frig since it was at the end of the 15A line. So I can run Vitamix, Toaster and KitchenAid blender without popping the breaker. I did have a 20A added to each end of the island as an extra when ordering.

Tried to get DRV to do the 20a outlet during warranty work but they would not even tho it was severely overloaded if using any appliance in the kitchen. SAD SAD SAD!!!
Old 12-11-2017, 01:22 AM   #3

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
I finally did the project I have been wanting to do for a while now.
In my rig, the living room and the stove area are on the same 15 amp CB. When electric is included with the site rent, I heat as much as I can with electric. When its cold I have a baseboard heater in the living room area. When we need to make coffee in the kitchen the coffee maker always pops the CB. I looked the problem over and found that the wiring for the living room went from the breaker panel to the kitchen slide, then to the living room area. I removed the kitchen from the circuit, ran a new 12/2 line from the breaker panel (very easy to do) and replaced the single pole 20 amp CB for the dishwasher with a 2 pole one that fits in the same space. So now the 2 outlets in the kitchen are on their own CB and the living room is on its own CB.
Easy peasy.
I noticed the same thing. As I have blown that 15 amp fuse a couple of times. Always when I had my extra heater plugged in. But I deleted the fireplace and there is a dedicated 20amp plug in the left tv cabinet. That is were I plug my electric oil filled heater in. As a bonus, we do not have a cord to trip over.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:42 PM   #4

Model: 41RSSB4
THOR #5859
I still use my fireplace for heat. My oil filled works fine at the end of the island on the GFI circuit even when I also use the toaster. The base board heater fits well behind the LazyBoys to keep the cold off our necks, but seems to suck a lot of power.
2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote