Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2017, 03:26 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
State: Florida
THOR #5314
Set-up sq.ft

Does anyone know what the square footage is for a 38RSB3 when in the set up mode and is a Florida drivers license recognized in all 50 states for rv fifth wheel towing?

Old 02-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottogo View Post
Does anyone know what the square footage is for a 38RSB3 when in the set up mode and is a Florida drivers license recognized in all 50 states for rv fifth wheel towing?
Can't answer you question about square feet. However, if you have a regular Florida DL and your truck (tow vehicle) and fiver are registered in Florida, then you have no worries while traveling in the U.S.

Generally speaking, unless you are using your RV in a commercial venture, or "for hire" instead of strictly a recreational vehicle, then none of the Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (Federal) apply to you. Other states have reciprocal agreements and they honor foreign driver's license and registrations from other states.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:49 AM   #3

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
Can't answer you question about square feet. However, if you have a regular Florida DL and your truck (tow vehicle) and fiver are registered in Florida, then you have no worries while traveling in the U.S.

Generally speaking, unless you are using your RV in a commercial venture, or "for hire" instead of strictly a recreational vehicle, then none of the Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (Federal) apply to you. Other states have reciprocal agreements and they honor foreign driver's license and registrations from other states.
I have that model and do not know what my sq footage is. I picked this model as I liked the layout the best.
I agree with Joe on the DL requirements. You could always contact that states state police or MVA and ask them to confirm.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:09 AM   #4

Model: 40KSSB4
State: California
THOR #5723
Drivers licenses and registrations are reciprocal in all states. If you are legal to drive it with your state's DL in your state, then you can drive it in any state (even if that state would require a different DL class for the same rig). Additionally, if it is legally registered in your home state then it is legal in all states (even if that state would require it to be registered differently).

I can't answer the square footage question.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #5

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
There are currently 17 states that require a non-commercial CDL for class A MHs that weigh over 26,000 lbs, if you are from a state that doesn't require it you are still legal.