Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2017, 12:39 PM   #21

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #9543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobi, Dick and Ruby McKee View Post
A couple of those black wiper flippers have come off our rig. Does any one know a source? Thanks Dick
Good morning from Tejas. My 2017 was still under warranty and I wanted to add a few extra. I contacted warranty/tech support at DRV, and they sent 2 pieces. They are about 4 ft long and cuttable to any length. The double stick tape works great. Install while the slides are in and ladders aren’t needed.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Either the stickiness of the strips; or the surface preparation of their location...
I'd clean the area with acetone... (After protecting myself from any fumes or physical contact with the stuff! )
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #23

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
clev welcome aboard!!!
Old 10-24-2017, 05:29 PM   #24

Model: 38RSSA
State: Maryland
THOR #4040
Is there a certain way to mount them???

Just ordered some from DRV. Is there a certain way to mount them? Sure would like a CLOSE UP picture.

Don

Quote:
Found the source for the "flipper", and here is a shot of what I'm talking about. Ed Fry had the parts department contact me and I was able to order some replacements. They come in a 1' strip which is enough cut into 3 "flippers". They are about $1.50 each.
If you are interested in ordering some the contact is Deb Collins. Her email is: DebCollins@drvsuites.com. Please include your contact phone and the last 6 of your VIN. The part number to ask for is 0209684. Dick
DonandPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:27 PM   #25

Model: 39DBRS3
State: Arizona
THOR #5464
Don, they are held on with RED two side tape that come on the "flipper". On ours the raised edge is facing the outside of the slide. Ours are all 3" out form the wiper seal. One is towards the top and one about 8" up from the bottom. They do vary depending on weather there is a window or not. Clean the area first with acetone. I'm not sure if mine fell off or were left off. I say that because one of the "flippers" was crooked so I pulled it off (yup I'm anal) and man was it stuck on.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:38 PM   #26

THOR #4040
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. My experience with the red 2 sided tape is 3-m tape. Put on correctly it should never come off.

Thanks again.

Don

Quote:
Don, they are held on with RED two side tape that come on the "flipper". On ours the raised edge is facing the outside of the slide. Ours are all 3" out form the wiper seal. One is towards the top and one about 8" up from the bottom. They do vary depending on weather there is a window or not. Clean the area first with acetone. I'm not sure if mine fell off or were left off. I say that because one of the "flippers" was crooked so I pulled it off (yup I'm anal) and man was it stuck on.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:44 AM   #27

Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3288
seal flippers

I have a new 2018 model 36 and have those flippers on the sides and do the job.I was wondering if I could add those to the tops of slides,usually a top seal for me does not flop out when slides open.Not allways the same slide but usually have t o manually flip one out.Im storing my rig for winter in my rv shed slides open seals out maybe that will help.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:39 AM   #28

THOR #4040
I am jealous --- you have an RV SHED !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
I have a new 2018 model 36 and have those flippers on the sides and do the job.I was wondering if I could add those to the tops of slides,usually a top seal for me does not flop out when slides open.Not allways the same slide but usually have t o manually flip one out.Im storing my rig for winter in my rv shed slides open seals out maybe that will help.
DonandPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:49 PM   #29

State: Texas
THOR #9543
Good morning, and thanks, Cummins.