Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2019, 03:59 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Arrow Thousand Trails BEWARE

I posted this in the camping section on the forum, but I know that a lot of the DRV owners don’t look out of this section.
YAY!! We finally got our two weeks at Thousand Trails San Francisco RV Resort. We arrived on Friday 10/25. The power pedestal was taped up stating out of order. The other one was to far for my plug to reach. We got that resolved by using the out of order one. As someone drove off with there 30 amp plug still plugged in. So the 50 amp receptacle was not broken and still attached.

Then PGE cut the power off on Saturday 10/26 at 7pm. Because the power is off, all of the amenities are closed and locked up. The campground becomes just a parking lot. The power was off for two days. The power came back on Monday 10/28 about 2pm. Now it looks like the power is going to be cut again tonight, Tuesday 10/29. More then likely will be out again for 2 days or more. I struggled being unplugged as I do not have a generator and have a residential fridge. I ran my truck for 6 hours trying to keep a charge on my batteries. My battery voltage went down to 11.8v. So the thought of being out again was not a good thing.
I went to the office to see if I could leave today before the power went off. They said sure but we can not refund you for the remainder of the 10 days left on your reservation (have stayed for 4 days, two with out power). I completely understand that they have no control over the power outage due to high winds and neither do I.
I then called Thousand Trails, they said once I was checked in there was nothing that they could do about it. She even asked a supervisor and Spoke to the Manager at this park.
I then called Equity Life Style, they own Encore and Thousand Trails. There number was on the notice, now two of them that have been taped to my rig. After he spoke to his supervisor, he said that I need to speak to there customer service. I left a message and have not heard from them. I think it is CRAZY that they will not let me leave because they do not have power and refund me for the rest of my days. I hope they step up and do the right thing. As I feel that I am trying to be proactive. So if they hold to this, I will never buy another zone pass or Trails collection or even a membership from them. And I will share this story so people do not experience what I have. I know that I am only talking about a $224.00 refund above my membership, but it is the principle. I’m not even asking for a discount on the days that the Campground was just a parking lot.
I will let you know if anything changes.

Old 10-30-2019, 04:08 AM   #2

State: Texas
THOR #3109
Ryan,
Sorry to hear of this--I am one of the old codgers who find no reason to go to a) California, and b) stay at a TT campground. I realize there are many who find TT to be a workable deal, but have heard of many CGs that are aging badly and fave spots go to local long-term users.
Hopefully, you can get some refund, and don't come close to any of the fires.
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 05:22 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Obviously the RV park is trying to keep every spare dollar since their business is tanking due to an act of Nature.

There is strength and power in numbers-your message will be shared with many others who will avoid TT like the plague....
GVP
Old 10-30-2019, 01:29 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
For your information All MH are RV's. All RV's are not MH. My 2011 Keystone
Sprinter is an RV!

The Type of campground has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's problem. The power company is turning off ERERYONES power in California due to the wild fires even in your Hotsi totsi RV Resorts! MH owners are not special people to them!!

I've never seen a TT only park! I do know of MH only parks. Some MH owners think they a better than everyone else.

I'm certainly glad the all MH owners don't have your attitude.
I'll be sure and seek out TT campgrounds that do not allow MH to enter from now on!!
I believe in the post you are quoting TT = Thousand Trails and not Travel Trailer.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:38 PM   #5

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I believe in the post you are quoting TT = Thousand Trails and not Travel Trailer.
Did not think of that! My apologies to Wingnut. BUT I have run into this many times in the past with RV resorts. Again, My apologies to Wingnut.

Took down the post.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:15 PM   #6

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
HMMMMMMM, didn't I warn you about them???
Old 10-30-2019, 05:36 PM   #7

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Well I received a call from customer service this morning. They are willing to adjust my reservation. But I can not leave now due to the high winds. Luckily PGE did not cut the power on us last night.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:43 PM   #8

State: Texas
THOR #3109
cavie,
No offense taken, no apology needed.
Joe
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote