Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2017, 08:05 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Question Water filtration systems

I was looking into getting a Berkey water system, but all of them with the stand are to tall to fit on the counter under the top cabinets. So then I thought about getting a improveved filtration house system. Adding to the one carbon filter that came standard with the rig.
What and why do you have what you added? Pics on how you installed it.
Thanks for the tips.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:21 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I use just a 5 micron carbon filter, never felt the need to add anything else. 5 microns keep crud out of the water system. I know many people use more elaborate systems such as RO, guess I'm just not that picky.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #3

State: South Dakota
THOR #4935
I have a Berkey and the benefits far out weigh the disadvantages of carrying it around. When parked it sits on the counter and when traveling we put it in the sink and tie it down. When draining out the water to drink we add trace mineral drop complex to bring it back to normal with minerals etc., close to what nature provides for us. We also have a aqualiv under the sink filter system used for cooking and washing fruits and vegetables. In this day and age we do not trust any water system around the country, you never know what your getting.
Glenn 08 36tk3 #4571
oldbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #4

Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
I bought a two canister system and put it in the basement in place of the factory one. A sediment filter first followed by the charcoal filter. The original one is stored in the basement and takes specialty filters if needed depending on where we are.

All of our setups and supplies come from the RV water Filter Store:

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/SFNT.htm
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:38 PM   #5

Model: 41RSSB4
State: Texas
THOR #1669
I installed a 6 filter RO system under the sink. It has a 3 gal tank, I think it takes several gallons of water to produce one gallon of RO water. If you want to have an idea of some of the water at different parks buy a TDS meter, it will get your attention. Usually bottled water has a 5 to 8 TDS. I really enjoy having good drinking water, to make coffee, tea or etc. Took a bit of work but I think is well worth it.