Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2015, 02:04 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: California
THOR #2839
Under contract on a 2016 Ace 30.2

Hi, We signed a contract on Labor Day for a new 16 Thor Ace 30.2. I think we got a great deal, I'm not sure if people share details, but the other dealer we were also negotiating with wouldn't touch the price we got on a model match. For financing... they offered 7.5% and said I had tier 2/3 credit, however then I went direct to Good Sam and got approved for 4.37%. The finance manager is now working with them. We are trying to set up a date to pick it up, but I am also trying to work through the final financing details, ie income validation, and the dealer needs to send stmnt of origin, invoice, and contract. I am going to research here about what to look for in the walk through and what if any warranties we should purchase.

A little about why we bought the Ace 30.2. We researched several short bunkhouse gas models like the storm, but ultimately decided with our price point this would be the best we could afford and liked certain features like the 8000lb hitch, mattress in the drop down loft, the view window on the passenger side. One thing I dont like is the paint job and the limited seat belts.

Looking forward to communicating in this forum. Let me know if you have any suggestions or questions.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:09 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase.

If you search for PDI within the various sections you will gain a wealth of knowledge on what to look for as well as tips on how to handle your dealer during the PDI.

Good luck and happy motoring.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Texas
THOR #2072
Welcome and hope you have many happy trips!
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote