Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Oklahoma
THOR #7244
2017 Freedom Elite 29fe

Your are right! That sucker is bright! You can turn it down/off and it was a pretty simple solution. Only problem is I can't remember how and I don't have access to the Jensen manual right now! But the directions are in it.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #22

Model: Freedom Elite 29FE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJanTan View Post
I have the same motorhome and wonder if you guy or gals can turn off the stereo in the bedroom. Mine glows blue all the time can you make yours completely dark? How?

On your Jensen control panel in the bedroom hold the Mode/Menu. button until it reads "bass" then cycle the button until you get to "Light" then press the vol button + or - ; you can go from 9 (brightest) to 0 (off)
Old 06-10-2017, 11:42 PM   #23

State: Oklahoma
THOR #7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw4red View Post
We purchased a 2017 Freedom Elite 29FE July 16, 2016. We are part time, visiting the National Parks and trying to see as much of this great country of ours as we can. The coach had 1068 miles on it when we purchased, just turned 12,000 miles. It's had a few issues but all were fixed under warranty by CW in Akron, OH. Outstanding service department.

Last summer we visited Mount Rushmore, the Blackhills, Custer State Park, Devils Tower, Yellowstone NP, and Theodore Roosevelt NP- had an awesome time awesome time

This spring we went to Utah and visited Arches NP, Dead Horse State Park, Canyonlands NP, and Dead Horse State Park; Arizona to the South Rim of Grand Canyon NP: Nevada to Hoover Dam and Lake Meade and Las Vegas. Returned a few weeks ago and getting ready to hit the road again in about 2 weeks to Kentucky and Tennessee

We've done a few mods to make it more comfortable and give it the personal touch.

1. Installed a DirecTV Winegard Slimlne dish with a Gen 2 DVR receiver, video bridge and
2 Wireless min-Genies. Had to install an A/B switch to go from sat to OTA. Switched out the 40" Seika over the dinette for a 32" smart TV; added a 29" smart TV In the bedroom.

2. Installed MaxxAir deluxe fans w/ remote in bedroom vent and overhead vent.

3. DW bought a twin memory foam mattress for the uncomfortable sofa, tucked it under the springs to make it tight. Made a world of difference.

4. Removed the so called "mattress" parts from the overhead bunk area and converted into a storage area by putting plastic totes in the 2 storage wells and added 2- 4drawer plastic utility cabinets purchased from Walmart (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...inet/178717407) Only used 3 drawers from each cabinet and secured them with a tension curtain rod and velcro straps to keep drawers closed.

5. DW made a cover for the step well out of 3/4" plywood, stapled a carpet on it and added a drawer handle to lift it and place it.

6. Purchased bronze tension curtain rods from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1) and stone colored room darkening curtains from Walmart (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...d=actual_color) for the rear exit window in the bedroom; put the same set- up in the living area to replace the cheap ugly privacy curtain; and as a divider between the bedroom and the kitchen so we don't have to use the plastic accordion door

7. Replaced the shower head with a Camco Shower Head Kit purchased from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Big difference

We love our 29FE and look forward to many more good times

So very glad you posted this list. Today we got the curtains up between the cab and the box. So pleased with the outcome as it looks like it came from the factory with them. Hubby gave a lot of thought to hanging the rod and engineered a great solution. But your suggestion for adding foam to the bottom and back side of the couch was AWESOME! We can't believe the difference it has made. We leave Monday for Colorado and will no doubt be appreciating your suggestions!
Old 06-29-2017, 12:43 AM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw4red View Post
On your Jensen control panel in the bedroom hold the Mode/Menu. button until it reads "bass" then cycle the button until you get to "Light" then press the vol button + or - ; you can go from 9 (brightest) to 0 (off)

Thanks Shawbird and cw4red finally took time to figure this out. Perfect instructions cw and found the manual Shaw. Thanks all
Old 06-29-2017, 04:02 PM   #25

State: Nevada
THOR #7769
Same model completed first trip

We have the same 29 ft model and just completed a trip from California to Idaho. We experienced some problems. After our first overnight, we could not get dinette slider out. We called Good Sam. They don't handle those things. We called Camping World and made an appointment at the Camping World at our destination in Idaho. We took I there the next day and they were waiting for us. They took it right in and diagnosed it. They said all the wires in the coach were shorted out and it would take all day to fix. They replaced the wires end re-routed them and the propane lines so they wouldn't rub together and short out on the return trip. Good thing it's under warranty. We believe this was a defect from the Thor factory. Also, our hot and cold water was switched when we bought it and we have hot water coming into our toilet, which we will have them fix when we take it in at end of summer.
Also, Camping World in Idaho stated the door and frame need to be replaced and they indicated this in our account with Camping World. This too will be fixed at end of summer.

Overall, it ran great up and downhill to Idaho with pulling our small truck and AC on all the way through Nevada and Idaho. We love our coach.
Also, they need to replace a busted latch on outside kitchen which was like that when we bought it and fasten one side of headboard. They supposedly made these repairs at Bakersfield Camping World when we bought it but they didn't do a good job. This too will be fixed when we take it to the Newhall Camping World at end of summer.

Even though we had to spend most of first leg without the one slider, we were glad AC and everything else worked great. God took care of us the whole trip!!

Our future summer trips are going to be mostly local. Then, we will drop it off at Camping World for the rest of the minor repairs.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:41 PM   #26

THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6jsgrandma View Post
We have the same 29 ft model and just completed a trip from California to Idaho. We experienced some problems. After our first overnight, we could not get dinette slider out. We called Good Sam. They don't handle those things. We called Camping World and made an appointment at the Camping World at our destination in Idaho. We took I there the next day and they were waiting for us. They took it right in and diagnosed it. They said all the wires in the coach were shorted out and it would take all day to fix. They replaced the wires end re-routed them and the propane lines so they wouldn't rub together and short out on the return trip. Good thing it's under warranty. We believe this was a defect from the Thor factory. Also, our hot and cold water was switched when we bought it and we have hot water coming into our toilet, which we will have them fix when we take it in at end of summer.

Also, Camping World in Idaho stated the door and frame need to be replaced and they indicated this in our account with Camping World. This too will be fixed at end of summer.

Overall, it ran great up and downhill to Idaho with pulling our small truck and AC on all the way through Nevada and Idaho. We love our coach.

Also, they need to replace a busted latch on outside kitchen which was like that when we bought it and fasten one side of headboard. They supposedly made these repairs at Bakersfield Camping World when we bought it but they didn't do a good job. This too will be fixed when we take it to the Newhall Camping World at end of summer.

Even though we had to spend most of first leg without the one slider, we were glad AC and everything else worked great. God took care of us the whole trip!!

Our future summer trips are going to be mostly local. Then, we will drop it off at Camping World for the rest of the minor repairs.

Same slider problem if you have this rig check the wires under the main slide.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:40 PM   #27

THOR #7769
QUOTE=nosticks;69800]More mods. I installed a Winegard Pathway X1 Satellite dome on the roof and ran new cables to the two receivers. I left the factory cable and over the air antenna in place. The most fun was running the cables. It took two days of punishment to accomplish. Most of the time was spent procrastinating over where to drill holes. Part of the time was affixing band aids to my bleeding forearms from screws and sheet metal shards encountered everywhere.

I removed every drawer and access panel plus the microwave to gain access to existing wire routes, some of which were used. A side benefit was that it allowed me to remove half a ShopVac of manufacturing debris from all the nooks and crannies throughout the coach. I now have an ample supply of multi-colored square head screws. It also exposes the "quality" of workmanship. If anyone with a 29fe wants to do this, I can save you some grief by providing some detail as to where to run wires and drill holes.[/QUOTE]

My husband would like your tips,on how to install a satellite. We bought a portable King satellite from Camping World when we bought our 29FE because it supports Direct TV, which we have at home and had in our old class A. Thank you.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:58 PM   #28

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
The antenna is on the center line about 38" behind the Air Conditioner shroud. I used the roof mount kit for the Wingard X1. The whole installation of the mount and exposed screws were covered with Dicor Self Leveling Sealant. The two output cables are positioned toward the rear and are routed on top of the roof toward the Refrigerator roof vent. They too were covered with the Dicor sealant.

I then drilled a hole to pass the cables through to the rear of the storage cabinet over the refrigerator. The kit comes with a plastic cable cover which is then screwed to the roof. This then was filled with more Dicor. All this thus far was the easy part.

One cable needed to be routed forward to the kitchen cabinet next to the microwave where the receiver was to be located, actually on top of the dvd player. The challenge is that this is the entire kitchen/dinette slide and it has water lines, propane lines, various electrical lines both 12v and 120.

I drilled another hole in the rear inside corner of the refer cabinet and passed both cables through. The heater grill was removed and the two cables retrieved. The cable going forward in the slide was passed through an existing hole at the base of the refer cabinet. If you look behind your slide by the oven at the floor, you will see a piece of long folded over black plastic. That acts as an arm to hold cables and propane lined which are wire tied to it, out of the way while the slide operated. I tied the sat cable to the same are with wire ties.

Remove your microwave and set it aside. You will see a cable channel inside of the microwave cabinet and that channel exits at the base of the cabinet under the oven. Other wires are already in that channel. This is where it gets to be fun. I used 10' of bead chain and dropped it from the top inside the microwave cabinet channel. It will find it's way to the bottom. It may take a few tries. When you get hold of the bead chain, attach some masons twine to the chain and pull back up to the top. On the other end tie it to the cable and electrical tape it good. Then pull the cable up into the microwave cabinet. Depending on how sloppy the workman who ran the electrical wires across the bottom of the cabinet and through a hole which they grommetted at the rear of the cabinet, you should be able to slip the cable through to where the receiver will be mounted, of not drill another hole or enlarge the existing. You are done with the front cable, reinstall the micro and bottom drawer.

Beer break. Depending upon how much blood you lost doing this, the rear cable is really simple.

Open the outside kitchen. remove the drawer and the sink drawer. Back inside at the heater grill, run your cable over to a large opening under the raised floor of the bed through which other cables are routed. You'll see it, it is on the step up beside the heated cabinet. Go outside and look through the drawer in the outside kitchen. You should be able to see the cable. Fashion a hook in a coat hanger or better yet if you have a fish tape, reach back in there and pull the cable to you. The rest is easy just drilling through the rear left corner of the counter top, you won't notice it, then into the bedroom drawer cabinet. Run it up the inside of the cabinet through the bottom of the shelf to the rear receiver and you are done.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:10 PM   #29

THOR #7769
Satellite wiring

Thank you very mich Nosticks. I will pass this on to my husband. We just had it retired while in Idaho so not sure what it looks like now, but maybe hubby can figure it out.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #30

State: Ohio
THOR #2800
adding bedroom tv

Several of you have mentioned adding a tv to the bedroom of your FE 22. I just purchased a brand new FE 22 and would like to add the tv. Can someone tell where the antenna wire is located in the bedroom? Ask CW to install the wire and they wanted to charge $500. thought that was a bit excessive.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #31

THOR #7227
2017 Freedom Elite 29fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehop47 View Post
Several of you have mentioned adding a tv to the bedroom of your FE 22. I just purchased a brand new FE 22 and would like to add the tv. Can someone tell where the antenna wire is located in the bedroom? Ask CW to install the wire and they wanted to charge $500. thought that was a bit excessive.

Thanks in advance

For the 29FE the box is in the pictured cabinet in the bedroom. All you need to do is add a cable. Not sure if this is true in the 22.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1335.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	5696  
Old 07-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #32

THOR #4656
Had 2015 22e. There is no cable to the bedroom. You'll have to run your own.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:27 AM   #33
edr

Model: freedom elite
State: New Jersey
THOR #6112
I would be interested in wire routing info,pics.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:29 AM   #34
edr

Model: freedom elite
State: New Jersey
THOR #6112
I would love to have that info.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:09 PM   #35

THOR #4656
EDR, if you are asking me about cable routing, I did not do the project.