Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2015, 03:03 AM   #1
ETS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: VEGAS 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #3213
Eric and Margie from Nags Head NC

Just finished a road test of our Vegas 24.1 and F150 toad. All system go for an extended trip. We bought the unit in April and did extensive research on bringing a second vehicle. We came from a boating environment and I told my friends I never towed a vehicle behind my boat. Oh well. After a few trips with just the RV we realized the need.

Margie and I are owners/operators of Relaxinn BnB in Nags Head NC. We work pretty much 7x24 in season and then take the winter off to travel.

My first visit to this forum convinced me to join. I learned that the black/grey water connection could be faced/rotated downward.

Here are some pics of our rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vegasford.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vegasford1.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1051  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vegasford2.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	1052  

Old 11-12-2015, 03:39 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new coach! Lots of collective knowledge here, and friends willing to offer the benefit of their experience.

We had a great stay on Outer Banks in late July, and enjoyed the Lost Colony show. DW had seen it decades ago!

Happy trails!
Old 11-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Welcome and congrats.

You may want to crawl underneath and take a look at the shifter cable from the steering column to the transmission (crawl under behind the driver's front wheel). See this thread for more info:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...rive-2308.html

Not trying to scare you, but yours is new enough that you can probably get away with tying the cable somewhere without having to replace it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 01:20 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Eric and Margie,

Welcome aboard!

My recommendations would be:
1. To be sure your vehicle is not covered under the AC/Heater Safety Recall (threads this Forum).
2. Check your house batteries and if they are Harris Batteries watch out for "Sulfated Dead" Batteries as Harris will blame WFCO who makes the Converter/Charger and WFCO will blame Harris and you ARE stuck in the middle with dead batteries in less than 5 months - in my case. (threads this Forum).

Unit now running fine, just some initial Warts and rough edges.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 01:58 PM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #3027
ETS, Welcome. Will be guying Axis 24.1 soon. Want to travel to Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills. Where would you recommend for a RV park either on the water or close? Thanks
Old 11-15-2015, 03:14 AM   #6

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #3169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETS View Post
Just finished a road test of our Vegas 24.1 and F150 toad. All system go for an extended trip. We bought the unit in April and did extensive research on bringing a second vehicle. We came from a boating environment and I told my friends I never towed a vehicle behind my boat. Oh well. After a few trips with just the RV we realized the need.

Margie and I are owners/operators of Relaxinn BnB in Nags Head NC. We work pretty much 7x24 in season and then take the winter off to travel.

My first visit to this forum convinced me to join. I learned that the black/grey water connection could be faced/rotated downward.

Here are some pics of our rig.
I just bought a 2016 Vegas 24.1 about 3 weeks ago. Still trying to figure everything out. I have a question about the electric awning...how can you adjust the pitch (slant) of the awning or does it only stick straight out when unrolled? Johnny1943 in Emerald Isle, NC
Old 11-15-2015, 03:48 AM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1943
I just bought a 2016 Vegas 24.1 about 3 weeks ago. Still trying to figure everything out. I have a question about the electric awning...how can you adjust the pitch (slant) of the awning or does it only stick straight out when unrolled? Johnny1943 in Emerald Isle, NC
Welcome to the Forums.

On the front side of each awning arm you'll see a series of holes, and one of them has a button sticking out (when its all the way up the bottom one will have the button). Press the button in and pull that arm down. You can safely store the awning in any position provided that each side is in the same hole (doesn't like to be uneven).
You can see in this image I have it tilted:
Old 11-15-2015, 03:51 AM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunter
ETS, Welcome. Will be guying Axis 24.1 soon. Want to travel to Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills. Where would you recommend for a RV park either on the water or close? Thanks
Well we've been to the Outer Banks once and the campground we stayed at was really nice: Camp Hatteras Resort © 2013 | Camp Hatteras Resort © 2013
I've also heard good things about the KOA there.

A good place to go when looking for campgrounds is RV Park Reviews:
RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks
Old 11-16-2015, 06:24 AM   #9
ETS

THOR #3213
will do thanks
Old 11-16-2015, 06:27 AM   #10
ETS

THOR #3213
was not sure - just read Jamigeek's reply = I will try it
Old 11-16-2015, 06:32 AM   #11
ETS

THOR #3213
Living here we have not visited any of the parks - We have friends that go South of Oregon Inlet --Waves, Rodanthe, Buxton and Hateras area. I would check reviews and compare amenities
Old 11-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #12

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
We stayed at Camp Hatteras Resort this summer and highly recommend it. We were there four years ago, too, but were forced to leave early due to a hurricane. It truly is a resort, rather than a campground where sites are crammed together. There is a K O A next door, that might also be worth checking out.
We enjoyed the Wright Brothers Natl Memorial, famous Hatteras Lighthouse and the free ferry ride to Ocracoke. The house from the Richard Gere movie, "Nights in Rodanthe" is just north of this resort, now a vacation rental after being moved back from the beachfront. Then, there is the beach, right over the dunes from the resort.
A few days there is just not enough!