Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello

Old 05-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 25.2
State: Florida
air conditioner drains

Hi am new to this forum and hope I can learn to navagate through it. I purchased a Vegas 25.2 so I am new to class A. I notice the air conditioner has no drains so the condensation runs down the sides of the coach and onto the awning. Have any of you had this problem ? Thor says to live with it ! Thanks for a reply

nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Yes: none of our campers had an A/C drain (2 travel trailers, 1 5th wheel, and the Axis). They drained on the roof and depending how the camper was tilted the water would run off in a number of places.

On our Axis it always seems to run off on the hinge side of the entry door (the right side of the awning). I had thought about either putting some channels on the roof, or a drain tube to direct that somewhere--haven't been up there to investigate which would be more feasible.

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:43 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.2
Welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of good folks and good information here. Be sure you download Ed's excellent crowd sourced manual.

The real problem with the drips seems to be that there are no gutters on the Vegas/Axis. Wondering why that is. I looked into adding drip rail molding, but moved on to other projects. Would really be nice over the awning.

Mr Obvious suggests you set the driver side of your coach just a bit lower when you level, or block the right side up on level sites.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:09 PM   #4

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
My driver's corner is always a bit low so the A/C drains down the side right in front of the living room slide.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:22 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Missouri
We are having the same issue with our Hurricane. Looking into drip rails but not sure if they will stick on the fiberglass. Has anyone else installed drip rails and if so what brand?
TigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:57 PM   #6

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
Jamie,

Did you ever get up on top to see if a drain tube could be attached to the AC on the roof?

Since the DW read about GMazz's ladder separation/fall she has become concerned with me heading up on the roof.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:45 AM   #7

No; haven't used it in warm enough temps with the condensation dripping somewhere to remind me to do that LOL.

I have been up on the roof using the ladder several times without incident. The ladder does feel a bit flimsy but no more flimsy than the one Keystone installed on our old 5th wheel.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:51 AM   #8

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
Jamie,

I have some time off next week and I have my trusty 12ft ladder, may venture up on the roof to see if there is a way to connect a drain tube to the AC.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:16 AM   #9

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
I placed gutters along side of the Hurricane which worked very well - now the water is channeled to the front or back - course the black streaks are concentrated there as well but at least I do not have water coming down the awning anymore
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:47 AM   #10

I've been using this Capt Chomp Black Streak Remover. Works really well, even on those black streaks that have been there a long time.