Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Florida
THOR #7722
Axis 24.1 night shade

Can anyone tell me what the button that hangs on drivers side of shade roll is for?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1498667169.049515.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	5502

Old 06-28-2017, 04:30 PM   #2

State: Alaska
THOR #7889
I believe it's a reset if the shade fails you hold the button and press the button on the dash at the same time to reset the shade
Old 06-28-2017, 04:32 PM   #3

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
It's the memory adjustment button to adjust how far the shade will go down when engine is running. I just tucked it up out of the way. My shade comes down about even with the dark sun block on the top of the windshield. It acts as a sun visor.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:34 PM   #4

State: Alaska
THOR #7889
Ok I wasn't sure
Old 06-28-2017, 04:41 PM   #5

THOR #7722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I believe it's a reset if the shade fails you hold the button and press the button on the dash at the same time to reset the shade

Thanks Terry

We just bought it yesterday and getting familiar w it. We pressed button to lower shade and it wouldn't go up, maybe because we lowered too far. After tugging on it it then went back up. That is when we noticed button hanging which really doesn't look great just hanging there.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:44 PM   #6

THOR #7722
It has an "Axxera" radio in it. I thought there was a way to mirror my iPhone gps on it but maybe not
Old 06-28-2017, 05:09 PM   #7

THOR #7722
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
It's the memory adjustment button to adjust how far the shade will go down when engine is running. I just tucked it up out of the way. My shade comes down about even with the dark sun block on the top of the windshield. It acts as a sun visor.

Thank you for your response. We are brand new at this RV stuff. Any idea why tvs don't work while driving? The generator is off while we are driving. Also do we need to program remote each time we watch tv??
Old 06-28-2017, 05:31 PM   #8

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas View Post
Thank you for your response. We are brand new at this RV stuff. Any idea why tvs don't work while driving? The generator is off while we are driving. Also do we need to program remote each time we watch tv??
My understanding is that the TVs are 110v and there is no inverter, so the only way you can watch TV is hooked to shore power or running generator. The two alternatives are replacing with 12v TV (and wiring them to 12v) or installing an inverter.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:01 PM   #9

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
You don't need to program the remotes, but you do need to rescan the channels if you have changed locations ( and hence, stations available)
Old 06-28-2017, 08:21 PM   #10
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
As stated, the provided tv's are 110v - requiring shore power, generator, or inverter... Or you can replace/augment with a 12v TV wired into house batteries.

TV while moving may be challenging... Depends on the antenna you have - I don't believe the 'crank up' units are designed for highway speeds - and will also make you a bit 'taller' for clearance. Pointing the antenna, and range of channels would be interesting.
Use as a DVD player is certainly possible (again it needs appropriate power).

In addition, any factory installed TV within viewing possibility of the driver will also have an interlock to turn it off when ignition is on... My 2000 Infinity had that with the TV just above the doghouse built into the dash.

I added a 12v TV and Blu Ray player to RV that can be used on road (more so intended for when boondocking). Only been used to watch DVD when traveling so far.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote