Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2015, 02:47 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
Thor 2015 Outlaw 29h w/ tow

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	455.1 KB
ID:	605

We are really enjoying our new outlaw MH. Previously owned a 2006 coachman Freelander and upgraded to this one (easier to load my motorcycles) and really liked the quality of the construction and build as well as the ride. Our next trip will be to Montana and Yellowstone. Really like being able to bring my toys and my towed vehicle.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: South Carolina
THOR #2409
Hi MrZip. Have you had any issues or warranty claims yet?
Old 07-14-2015, 07:54 PM   #3

THOR #980
I haven't dealt w/ Thor directly (I let the dealer do that) Had a few issues. biggest was Thor forgot to wire up the leveling jacks. Dealer had to get the wiring harness from Lippert and wire up the jacks. Had to have some cabinets, drawers, and doors adjusted and had to have the valve extenders in the dualies repaired (so I could air the tires). The Ford battery also shot craps w/in 6 months, which was replaced by Ford. All in all most items (except the wiring harness) were minor that one would expect with any new RV.

My dealer has a great audio/video tech that works for them. He wired up dual satellite boxes for front and rear. (Dish)

Also had vent covers installed over all the vents so I can have them open when operating the MH. Also installed a third fantastic fan in the garage area.

Also had a HD Jack antenna installed and pitched the cheap-ass windguard.

One nice feature with the outlaw is it is all set up for towing. I bought a Jeep from a guy who already had it set up to flat tow. pretty much just hooked up the flat tow system, and was ready to tow. (The seven pin hookup was already installed by thor) I did have the dealer run the invisabrake monitor wire and install the monitor.

No other issures, other then Thor runs the water from the bathroom sink into the black tank, which causes my black tank to fill up faster then it should.

We'll see how it does on a trip to Montana. I'll be hauling two motorcycles and the Jeep.
Towed: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Toy hauling: BMW F700 GS & G650 GS (Sertao)
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Sounds like you are ready to roll so happy travels.

We are planning our next trip to New England so if it quits raining for a day or two I want to pull everything from the coach and setup the campsite in the driveway. That way I can inspect everything, clean it and then repack it for the trip.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:43 PM   #5

THOR #980
Thanks Dave, I enjoy reading your comments on the forum. Mostly people bitch about their rig on here, but you never do, so that's refreshing.
Towed: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Toy hauling: BMW F700 GS & G650 GS (Sertao)
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote