Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2016, 03:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 21rs
State: Illinois
THOR #4839
Hello from Illinois

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are from central Illinois and have recently decided that it is time to step away from our lance truck camper and buy a class c RV. We are 99.9% sure we are going to buy a Thor and will be pulling the trigger by the end of the year (hoping to get a better deal on a 2016 left over or a 16 demo) and we can't wait. We rented a class c earlier in the spring for a week long trip to Florida with some friends and we well in love with it. Anyway just joining up to the forum to pick up some ideas and learn a few things to make a more educated purchase!

We also have a 8 year old son and 4 Boston Terriers all of which love to travel and we have a Jeep Wrangler and travel the country going to jeep events so the class c just makes since for us!

Old 07-18-2016, 04:03 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 23U
THOR #992
Welcome aboard. We are also from central Illinois and bought a slightly used 23U (1600 miles) at Tri County RV and we love it. We are retired so we go for months at a time. Good Luck and Safe travels
Old 07-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #3

Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
THOR #4158
Welcome from Florida! I bought a class C as my first unit and it was great. Take your time and good luck!
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:50 AM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #3306
Welcome! You'll love your C!

We are also from Illinois and got our Axis from Jack @ Tri County in Peoria. I would recommend them - they are great to work with.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #5

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buns79 View Post
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are from central Illinois and have recently decided that it is time to step away from our lance truck camper and buy a class c RV. We are 99.9% sure we are going to buy a Thor and will be pulling the trigger by the end of the year (hoping to get a better deal on a 2016 left over or a 16 demo) and we can't wait. We rented a class c earlier in the spring for a week long trip to Florida with some friends and we well in love with it. Anyway just joining up to the forum to pick up some ideas and learn a few things to make a more educated purchase!

We also have a 8 year old son and 4 Boston Terriers all of which love to travel and we have a Jeep Wrangler and travel the country going to jeep events so the class c just makes since for us!
We were intent on buying a Class C on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis until we drove a Class A. The drive was far superior in our opinion and since we planned to drive it long distances, this consideration was very important. The Class A also felt so much larger inside. So... we are Axis owners. Oh yes, being our first RV, we were much more comfortable spending around $30 less on the Axis. It is a personal decision and I am just sharing what we went through when we were buying.