Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2015, 10:04 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2287
Hello

Hi, brought new RV, have new class A traded class C. I'm not too sure how to navigate this site.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie322 View Post
Hi, brought new RV, have new class A traded class C. I'm not too sure how to navigate this site.
Welcome to the forum.

Best advice on the navigation is to just look through the various topics on the home page and if you have any questions ask. I am sure you will find lots of useful info and folks more than willing to assist if you have any issues.

Again welcome and happy camping.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #3

THOR #2287
Thanks for response

Thanks for response. I believe that when I learn to navigate the forum I will meet a lot of fine rv's
Old 06-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #4

Model: Chateau 23U
State: California
THOR #1490
Welcome. I enjoy the Modifications/ Updates myself. Lots of great ideas around here.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #5

Model: 2016 AXIS 24.1 RUV
THOR #2172
Welcome, Ozzie322,
We are newbies to this website, too.
Hope you enfoy your new ACE as much as we enfoy our AXIS!
Happy camping!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #6

THOR #2172
Too bad spell check is not a feature ...
Old 06-24-2015, 01:43 PM   #7
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikorge View Post
Too bad spell check is not a feature ...
Spell check is a feature whenever I generate a post or reply. Unfortunately I often hit "Submit Reply" without employing that feature so I confess that any misspelled words in my responses are operator rather than system error.
FMCA - F432054
Old 06-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #8

Model: Chateau 23U
THOR #1490
Spell check aint going to help me change out a flat tire, Or dump out my tanks. lol
Old 06-24-2015, 08:52 PM   #9

Model: 24.1 Axis
State: New York
THOR #1956
But you will learn quickly if you intend to keep on RVing.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:31 PM   #10
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikoriko View Post
Spell check aint going to help me change out a flat tire, Or dump out my tanks. lol
That is true and remembering to look at spell check requires more thought, at least for me, than remembering to dump tanks or disconnect electrical and cable lines. The latter has become second nature and can almost be accomplished blind folded. I did say almost (new coach still trying to get the locations by feel down pat)
FMCA - F432054
Old 06-24-2015, 09:32 PM   #11

THOR #2287
Hi, I just took my Thor ACE 27.1 back to dealer CW to fix a leak in side window. They could not fix it so they're ordering a new window. 3 weeks. Glad I took it.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:50 AM   #12

THOR #1956
Window repair.

I hope you can get your motorhome repaired a lot quicker than my 2016 AXIS is being repaired. Purchased mine at the Good Sam Supercenter in Chattanooga, Tenn after trading in my 2002 Class C that never had a engine problem.

My AXIS has just over 2000 miles on it now and it runs like crap. It has been to a Ford garage in Vermont for over a week and it still runs terrible.

I have had this problem since it had just over 800 miles.

If you are traveling at speed the engine runs good. But in traffic where the tranny is shifting a lot I lose throttle response and it feels like it is going to stall out. The vehicle will slow almost to a stop before it seems to pick up speed again. Very dangerous in traffic where folks expect you to keep moving. Ford motor company found the closest (120 miles away)dealer who was supposed to be able to fix my size unit. After towing my dolly to their facility so I would have a way home after leaving my AXIS I gave them specific instructions on the problem. The next day I get a call telling me my unit was ready I go thru the whole routine of driving back over to Vermont from NY. Pick up my MH only to find out after driving off the lot that the problem has not been fixed. Took a technician for a ride to show him what it was doing. Left the AXIS at the dealership again and drove back to NY.

To make a long story short I made the trip three more times with them telling me they are unable to repair my motorhome. So in anger I hooked up my dolly and drove my unit home. So now I am at my wits end as to what to do next.

Other than putting a match to it do any of you good folks have any suggestions as to what my next step should be. The next closest repair facility to me is over 220 miles away.

Help

Thanks ,
Joe
Old 06-26-2015, 01:44 AM   #13

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtshaw View Post
I hope you can get your motorhome repaired a lot quicker than my 2016 AXIS is being repaired. Purchased mine at the Good Sam Supercenter in Chattanooga, Tenn after trading in my 2002 Class C that never had a engine problem.

My AXIS has just over 2000 miles on it now and it runs like crap. It has been to a Ford garage in Vermont for over a week and it still runs terrible.

I have had this problem since it had just over 800 miles.

If you are traveling at speed the engine runs good. But in traffic where the tranny is shifting a lot I lose throttle response and it feels like it is going to stall out. The vehicle will slow almost to a stop before it seems to pick up speed again. Very dangerous in traffic where folks expect you to keep moving. Ford motor company found the closest (120 miles away)dealer who was supposed to be able to fix my size unit. After towing my dolly to their facility so I would have a way home after leaving my AXIS I gave them specific instructions on the problem. The next day I get a call telling me my unit was ready I go thru the whole routine of driving back over to Vermont from NY. Pick up my MH only to find out after driving off the lot that the problem has not been fixed. Took a technician for a ride to show him what it was doing. Left the AXIS at the dealership again and drove back to NY.

To make a long story short I made the trip three more times with them telling me they are unable to repair my motorhome. So in anger I hooked up my dolly and drove my unit home. So now I am at my wits end as to what to do next.

Other than putting a match to it do any of you good folks have any suggestions as to what my next step should be. The next closest repair facility to me is over 220 miles away.

Help

Thanks ,
Joe

I am afraid i cannot be of help on your problem, but i am questioning the whole idea of the Axis. I read several reports like yours, and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to buy it at all. Hopefully, you'll have your problem fixed soon
Old 06-26-2015, 02:09 AM   #14

THOR #1956
I am definitely not a fan of the AXIS. Nothing but problems.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:10 PM   #15

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Sorry to hear you are having this major problem with your Axis. But yours is the first I have heard of that's having an engine related problem or drive train issue. Have they looked at it being possibly transmission related? My wife's Escape started having similar type stalling out problems similar to what you're saying at ~ 75,000 miles and it turned out to be the transmission causing it.

Don't mean to gloat but, I'm very satisfied with my Axis and have had only some minor problems to correct within the first month or so of ownership.

Good luck with yours and hope they can find and correct the problem with yours. I know it can be quite frustrating.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #16

THOR #2172
It sounds like a defect that Ford should correct. You should take your Axis to a independent Trans shop the have it checked.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #17

THOR #2287
I have a question about water heaters. Is there an on / off switch on the water heater itself. Can't get electric to heat water. Thanks
Old 06-26-2015, 09:29 PM   #18

State: Louisiana
THOR #2309
Ozzie332 - We just bought a Windsport 32N. I took the RV to a local state park to test all the features. I had the same issue with the electric side of the water heater. In my case, they found a broke wire. Works great now. Not for sure about your ACE 27.1, but my RV has individual switches for Gas or Electric Water Heater on the control panel. Should heat up in about 15 -30 minutes. Gas side working OK?
Old 06-26-2015, 09:39 PM   #19

THOR #2287
Thanks, I have an on/off switch in coach but no light to tell me it getting electric. I'll have to take it in for service.