Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2015, 03:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
New Vegas 25.2 coming soon

Greetings! Traded our 33 foot Class A, and planning to pick up our new toy in a couple of weeks. Over the years, have had a Class C, a 33 foot travel trailer, and a big fifth wheel with a dsl truck. Each one fit the purpose for a few seasons. Now we are downsizing, or is the PC term rightsizing? Thanks to all who've shared on the forum!

Old 05-25-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and have fun. Make sure you do your checkout. Search around here a bit (if you haven't already) as there is tons of info on Vegas/Axis models.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #3

THOR #1589
The tech they assign to us may wish he had taken the day off! After 30 years of RVing, I've learned a few lessons the hard way. Will be checking off a long PDI list. We'll be staying at or near the dealer that first night, then off on adventure with fingers crossed. Your mod posts have been helpful, especially the pics.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:48 AM   #4

THOR #1589
Picking up our 25.2

The wait is almost over! Scheduled to pick our new baby up on Monday, then hit the road on Tuesday. Maybe work in a factory tour on Wednesday afternoon. Then it's road trip time! Nothing quite like a several thousand mile shake down.
We picked the 25.2 because of the walk around bed. Wanted to downsize, but found too many sacrifices with the smaller rigs like Navion and Travato. This one seems to fit us now, for the way we travel.
We flat tow a little car, and park overnight some at WMrt, Cracker Barrel, or driveway of friends or family. That is part of the reason we had leveling jacks installed. I'll try to post some pics next week, and share our experience.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:10 PM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Missouri
THOR #1971
Congratulations and "Happy Trails to You."
Old 03-13-2016, 01:01 AM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #3815
Mr Sunshine, been almost a year since you purchased the 25.2...What are your observations?
Old 03-13-2016, 02:37 AM   #7

THOR #1589
Opinion alert! My experience has met my expectations. When you first start reading posts on this forum, all the problems are troubling. Remember, there are lots of happy campers (and some unhappy ones, too) who never post on forums like this. Upset customers tend to look for places like this to vent.

We had a small problem in the first few days, a electrical issue . It took calls to a few dealers to find one that would get us right in. Simple loose wire on a battery relay switch. A week later, there was a circuit board problem with the water heater, and Atwood sent me a new one, which solved that problem.

Had it aligned, which really helped the handling. May add a track bar, I suspect it would be unnecessary if you aren't towing. A local dealer is getting authorization to do a few minor fixes and replace a cracked windshield. You are nuts if you don't expect some adjustments and some warranty repairs. Don't think that a used coach necessarily has all the bugs worked out.

When shopping for a new coach, there are so many choices, voices and agendas. RVing is not for everybody, and the coach that is so right for us won't fit everybody, either.

So far, we have about 6000 miles on our Vegas, and about 60 nights. As I expected, this coach fits us and the way we travel just fine. Plenty of storage, our required walk around queen bed, a bigger shower than other models. The TVs are somewhat disappointing, but they could be replaced if it bothers enough.

While ours is a 2016, it has the E-350 chassis and the 5 speed transmission. We like the drive-ability, the live-ability and the affordability of the 25.2. That's a big order.

I believe the improvements made in the 2016s make them a better purchase choice than a discounted 2014 or 15 model. If you can wait until late May or early June to pick yours up, you might be smart to order a new 2017. Who knows what tweeks the Thor folks will make? And when you go to sell it, you'll get more back for a newer model year.

I warned you that this is my opinion. Hope this is helpful to you and others who are shopping. Final warning: Your results may vary!
Old 04-01-2016, 09:11 PM   #8

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Opinion alert! My experience has met my expectations. When you first start reading posts on this forum, all the problems are troubling. Remember, there are lots of happy campers (and some unhappy ones, too) who never post on forums like this. Upset customers tend to look for places like this to vent.

We had a small problem in the first few days, a electrical issue . It took calls to a few dealers to find one that would get us right in. Simple loose wire on a battery relay switch. A week later, there was a circuit board problem with the water heater, and Atwood sent me a new one, which solved that problem.

Had it aligned, which really helped the handling. May add a track bar, I suspect it would be unnecessary if you aren't towing. A local dealer is getting authorization to do a few minor fixes and replace a cracked windshield. You are nuts if you don't expect some adjustments and some warranty repairs. Don't think that a used coach necessarily has all the bugs worked out.

When shopping for a new coach, there are so many choices, voices and agendas. RVing is not for everybody, and the coach that is so right for us won't fit everybody, either.

So far, we have about 6000 miles on our Vegas, and about 60 nights. As I expected, this coach fits us and the way we travel just fine. Plenty of storage, our required walk around queen bed, a bigger shower than other models. The TVs are somewhat disappointing, but they could be replaced if it bothers enough.

While ours is a 2016, it has the E-350 chassis and the 5 speed transmission. We like the drive-ability, the live-ability and the affordability of the 25.2. That's a big order.

I believe the improvements made in the 2016s make them a better purchase choice than a discounted 2014 or 15 model. If you can wait until late May or early June to pick yours up, you might be smart to order a new 2017. Who knows what tweeks the Thor folks will make? And when you go to sell it, you'll get more back for a newer model year.

I warned you that this is my opinion. Hope this is helpful to you and others who are shopping. Final warning: Your results may vary!
Good information Sir...I am curious on how your after market leveling jack system is working
Old 04-02-2016, 01:16 AM   #9

THOR #3815
In the process of purchasing a 2016 axis 25.2. Would like to get some feedback as to the necessity of installing a leveling system. Going to be about $3800 and do not want to spend the loot if I can use manual drive up levelers.. Appreciate some advice
Old 04-02-2016, 01:26 AM   #10

THOR #1589
They have performed flawlessly for about 60 nights. Leveling jacks are a matter of personal preference. We like level and stable, and would put jacks on a Vegas again. Most folks get along fine without them.

If you decide to add these, realize that you won't get much back for it on a trade in. Hopefully, we'll average the cost over a lot of nights of use.

Hope this answers your question.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:32 AM   #11

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
We have out 25,000 miles on our Vegas/Axis and only use our leveling blocks a fraction of the time. For $3800 I would try a trip or two without them an see if they are really necessary for you? When my wife complains about the water sloshing in the shower, I remind her how many more nights she can stay out for $3800.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:15 AM   #12

THOR #2757
Quote:
They have performed flawlessly for about 60 nights. Leveling jacks are a matter of personal preference. We like level and stable, and would put jacks on a Vegas again. Most folks get along fine without them.

If you decide to add these, realize that you won't get much back for it on a trade in. Hopefully, we'll average the cost over a lot of nights of use.

Thanks for the info...Cheers!
Old 04-02-2016, 02:17 AM   #13

THOR #2757
Quote:

Do you have any pics of your leveling jacks to post?
Old 04-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #14

THOR #3815
Quote:

Mr. Sunshine, do you jacks automatically level the coach?
Old 04-02-2016, 02:32 PM   #15

THOR #1589
Yes, the HWH system I have is automatic. It levels in pairs, to prevent twisting the chassis.

Here is a page from HWH website with what I think is my jack system.

http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml51120_ap49818.pdf
Old 04-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #16

THOR #2757
Quote:
Yes, the HWH system I have is automatic. It levels in pairs, to prevent twisting the chassis.

Here is a page from HWH website with what I think is my jack system.

http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml51120_ap49818.pdf
Having problems loading this website Mr. Sunshine!!!!!
Old 04-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #17

THOR #1589
Sorry about that. Go to the HWH website and look up the E-350/450 Class C systems. We have the automatic, not the joystick.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:55 AM   #18

THOR #2757
Quote:
Sorry about that. Go to the HWH website and look up the E-350/450 Class C systems. We have the automatic, not the joystick.
I am scratching my head on this one guys!!!! I have tried on 3 different computers to goto the HWH website but no go! Can anyone tell me what's up???
Old 04-04-2016, 01:25 AM   #19

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
try this link
Bigfoot Leveler's Ford E-450 System Comparisons

I got the quad pump system. It was $3800 installed in Yuma. He is at the Quartzsite show in January each year.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:40 AM   #20

THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
I am scratching my head on this one guys!!!! I have tried on 3 different computers to goto the HWH website but no go! Can anyone tell me what's up???
Try www.hwhcorp.com

Tags
florida, new owner, vegas 25.2