Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2017, 07:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #7049
Wink Hello from Florida

Hi all:
My name is Cynthia and I live in Silver Springs, FL which is close to Ocala. I have a Thor Chateau 31 L and also a Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite which is currently semi-permanently located in Cedar Key, Fl. I lost the sight in my right eye about a year ago but did not lose the ability to drive the RV. I have scanned the forums today and already found some good information. Right now, my most pressing need is to find a wireless, forward facing sensor because I have lost a lot of depth perception so can't really tell how close I am to things when trying to park. I look forward to getting to know people and to having a place to turn when I need help.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #2

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Welcome to the forum Cynthia! Ask away, as there are many folks that can help with your questions. Sorry about your eye, but sounds like it doesn't get you bummed about it. I didn't loose my right eye, but had a stroke in it which leaves my peripheral vision blocked. Great to have you with our group.
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:28 PM   #3

THOR #7049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegdrum5050 View Post
Welcome to the forum Cynthia! Ask away, as there are many folks that can help with your questions. Sorry about your eye, but sounds like it doesn't get you bummed about it. I didn't loose my right eye, but had a stroke in it which leaves my peripheral vision blocked. Great to have you with our group.
Thanks for your welcome! No, I don't let the loss of sight slow me down too much! Am retiring July 5th and after a trip to France, I intend to do some serious camping.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:02 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
THOR #1907
Welcome to the forum. So glad you are not letting things slow you down. Enjoy your retirement and trip to France. We have a good group here in Florida and get together when we can. Check Mr. Sunshine's posting in Community section. In 2 weeks we are getting together in Brooksville for a weekend of socializing and bragging. LOL! Come join us. We would enjoy meeting you and getting together.
JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:18 AM   #5

Model: Challenger LX
State: Colorado
THOR #3922
Welcome to the forum! We just spent last week in Cedar Key - love the area. I hope someone on this forum can assist you. Really good peeps in here.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:13 AM   #6

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
If you google parking sensors there are a lot of choices. I have never used an aftermarket sensor but it looks like there are plenty to choose from.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:34 AM   #7

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Welcome to the forum. We have a 2015 Vegas 24.1 and live in Tampa. We do a lot of camping in FL. We have Disney Resident Annual Passes and try to go to Ft. Wilderness about every 2 months. We'll be at Mr. Sunshine's get away in two weeks at Belle Parc RV Resort in Brooksville. If you can make come on out.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote