Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #3545
Question Anyone own a 2016 36.1 Palazzo. I have some questions.

Hello,
I recently purchased a 2016 Palazzo 36.1 and I have a few questions on the coach. Particularly the magnum inverter monitor (AGS) and the battery on/off selector switch in the battery compartment. Any response would help?

Thanks

Old 01-23-2016, 03:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgar725 View Post
Hello,
I recently purchased a 2016 Palazzo 36.1 and I have a few questions on the coach. Particularly the magnum inverter monitor (AGS) and the battery on/off selector switch in the battery compartment. Any response would help?

Thanks
Congrats on the purchase. Although you purchased a Palazzo some of the systems on your coach are similar in nature to the ones on other coaches such as the Challenger.

You said you have some questions but you did not ask a question. Ask away. There are many knowledgeable folks on the forum.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:37 PM   #3

Model: Palazzo
State: Texas
THOR #2072
I have a 2015 36.1 ask away.
First off the ags you speak of is the automatic generator start system different then the monitor system. The cut off switch in the battery compartment is the chassis battery cutoff switch not the house batteries cutoff switch. That one is just inside the coach entrance door and is marked "use" and "store".

Hope this helps!
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:00 PM   #4

State: California
THOR #3545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveht View Post
I have a 2015 36.1 ask away.
First off the ags you speak of is the automatic generator start system different then the monitor system. The cut off switch in the battery compartment is the chassis battery cutoff switch not the house batteries cutoff switch. That one is just inside the coach entrance door and is marked "use" and "store".

Hope this helps!
My question is ....when I leave it to store for a few weeks at a time, do I leave the store switch on or in the use then set the ags to auto start? Also where the house batteries are there is a on and off selector to shut down all coach batteries which is round in shape.... does this stay on the on position? Sorry for the really silly questions.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:16 AM   #5

Model: Palazzo
State: Texas
THOR #2072
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgar725 View Post
My question is ....when I leave it to store for a few weeks at a time, do I leave the store switch on or in the use then set the ags to auto start? Also where the house batteries are there is a on and off selector to shut down all coach batteries which is round in shape.... does this stay on the on position? Sorry for the really silly questions.
Your first question.

I would set the house battery switch to store position unless you have a good reason not too. Very little battery draw in the store position! I assume you are using the ags in the voltage drop mode.

Second question.

Again the round switch in battery bay is for the chassis batteries (2) they are used to start engine and the generator so the switch would have to stay on. Always leave this switch on. It is for emergency use only. If you turn this off you will loose info you have stored in dash display. Also some of the Palazzos used the engine batteries to store info that you programmed into the radio. Like channels and Bluetooth info.

Hope this helps!
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote