Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37DT
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #450
2014 Challenger 37DT

Just registered today on this forum and wanted to say Hello

We ordered a 2014 Challenger 37DT while we were at the Hershey RV show. It should be ready in 3 weeks.

We traded in the 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS. My husband has wanted to move up in size ever since our first camping trip in the Jayco. I finally gave in and told him, once again, "this better be the ONE" LOL.

I am hoping that this site will come to our rescue, when we run into situations, where we both shrug our shoulders and stare at each other, wondering how to remedy a situation.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new rig!!
We don't have all the answers here but we certainly will try to help.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
Congratulation on the purchase and welcome to the forum.
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:45 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Welcome and congrats on the new challenger. may it bring you many happy camping trips.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #5

State: Alberta
THOR #456
Before you pay for your new Challenger 37DT test drive it first to ensure there is no slide noise. I have a new 2013 37DT and all the three slides are noisy, they crack, bank & pop while driving down the road. I have had it into the shop six times now (still at the shop for the past month) and they still haven't fixed the problem. Go to iRV2 form for lots of postings on this issue.Good luck!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #6

State: Alberta
THOR #456
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmoyers View Post
Just registered today on this forum and wanted to say Hello

We ordered a 2014 Challenger 37DT while we were at the Hershey RV show. It should be ready in 3 weeks.

We traded in the 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS. My husband has wanted to move up in size ever since our first camping trip in the Jayco. I finally gave in and told him, once again, "this better be the ONE" LOL.

I am hoping that this site will come to our rescue, when we run into situations, where we both shrug our shoulders and stare at each other, wondering how to remedy a situation.
Dear Tmmoyers,
Did you buy the Challenger 37DT? If so do you have the slide noise?
Old 09-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #7

THOR #450
bigdonedmon we ordered the Unit a week ago today. They said 3 weeks for us to get it, I assume we have 2 weeks yet to wait on it. I have been emailing them with concerns and they have promptly replied to me for each one. Our unit will be the 2014.5 they apparently have made a bunch of changes. They have longer rods for the blinds, a new vender for the pull out couch with different rollers to fix the ripping of the linoleum. The skirt for the waste clean out has been lowered 5 inches to be more forgiving for the hose to fit. I will send an email about the noisy slides and see what they have to say about it.
What speed do you start to hear the noise? My husband was wondering how fast and how far we need to test drive the new unit when we are called to come in to pick it up.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #8

State: Delaware
THOR #317
We ordered our Challenger on June 3 and did not receive it until August 19th. Hope you have better luck with Thor than we have had so far.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #9

THOR #450
dhpersinger----I guess we can call in and see how its going. Which Challenger do you have and did you find anything wrong with it?
Old 09-30-2013, 03:56 AM   #10

State: Delaware
THOR #317
We have a Challenger 36fd. It was the last one produced. They have revamped this model and it is now a 37LX. We were told that we should get ours in 4 to 6 weeks because they wanted to get it done so they could get started on the new model. Unfortunately for us it took 11 weeks and we picked it up my first day back to school (I am a teacher). We have found many things wrong with it. The worst was that they had let the circle of flooring that they cut out to install the toilet fall into the black water tank and never took it out. We were camping and couldn't drain our black water so we had to use the campground bathrooms. Luckily the dealership was able to fix it as soon as we got back. The finish work is terrible in our unit .We are taking it in with a long list of problems. Hope you have better luck with yours.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #11

THOR #450
I am sorry to hear that. I hope all gets fixed and its sad to hear so many things are wrong with New RVs. I kept telling my husband we aught to get a used one, that way the bugs may already be worked out.
Do you have any pointers for us while we do our walk through, when we do get the call? I told my husband we aught to spend two nights in it while its on the lot. I do not know if the dealership permits that, but maybe we can get a list during that time and just leave it there for them to work on.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #12

THOR #450
We are still waiting on our unit. No hurries now with the cold weather here. They said it should be complete mid this month and delivered near the end of the month if not then February. We planned on camping in it a couple days to check out things, but how can we check everything with it being winterized?
When we do our walk through is there anything we should look for that others wish they looked at prior to driving away with it?
Old 01-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Have you considered holding off to pick it up until it warms up?
Here is a link to a PDI. You might want to print out a copy and send your dealer a copy letting them know this is what you expect.
A video camera during the PDI will be priceless later on when you will undoubtedly will have questions on something. (that you forgot)

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/
Old 01-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #14

THOR #450
I didn't know that would be an option. I will have my husband ask about that. We were told that the CW is under construction and that we will not be able to camp in the unit but that there is a truck stop near by that we can go to. Husband asked them if we are permitted to take the unit off site without signing the PDI. They said they have to check on that.