Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2016, 08:17 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #4500
Hello, new to this forum

I just found this forum, hope I can get some answers about my 2013 Tuscany 36 mq, I purchased it new 2012. For the most part it is a great camper, there are some things that are a real pain like the drawers and cabinet doors that the screws come loose on but those are minor things I can deal with. The one thing that does bother me is when driving it in cold weather it gets really cold in the cab area, on a recent trip to the twin cities I had to use an electric heater to keep warm in the driver seat, I had this problem with my 1973 GMC also question is how can I beat the cold air problem? I have been doing this for several years but not always in a motor home. Has anyone else had this issue, if so would a bra on the front help? That is the only thing I can think of to stop the cold airflow, I could not find any leaks in the cowl, shouldn't be any anyway its a pretty new rig.

Skip

Old 06-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #2

Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
THOR #4158
A warm welcome from Florida !! I can't help with your lack of heat, but you may consider Florida as an option. Lol. 😎
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:52 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
Apparently this is a common issue with the Tuscany. Look at your engineering diagram (you can request from Thor with your VIN). I would recommend looking at adding insulation. If you search other forums, there are some Tuscany owners that have added zone heating and additional insulation. Best of luck.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:43 PM   #4

THOR #4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegdrum5050 View Post
A warm welcome from Florida !! I can't help with your lack of heat, but you may consider Florida as an option. Lol. 😎
heh heh, no thanks I have been there already, I prefer the Pacific North Wet
Old 06-11-2016, 04:46 PM   #5

THOR #4500
Thanks I have considered doing the insulation, have not seen any other Tuscany forums yet.