Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Minnesota
THOR #6628
Question Hello - new to forum

Hello -

Joined the forum because we are going to buy an FE22. I'm a little apprehensive now because all of the review that I am seeing on both Camping World and the Thor products do not sound very good. My husband & I purchased a used small B unit last year and loved our trips so much that we decided to upgrade a bit to take care of some of the nagging issues with our current one (a dedicated bed that doesn't block the whole isle, a working generator and room for a couple of additional people when we want to include friends). The FE 22 looks like it answers all of our needs, but since we are upside down on current unit we will of course be upside down on the new one, and I would hate to get into a 20 year loan on a bad unit. Does anyone out there have anything nice to say about Camping world and the FE 22??

I didn't mention that I will be the sole driver because my husband is legally blind and does not drive....

Old 02-28-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
In general Thor's RVs are about the same as any other manufacturer's unit. All have some odd quality issue and occasionally they do produce a lemon. On the whole, though, if you go into the process "eyes wide open" and fully armed with information you'll be better off.

They key is make sure the dealer (Camping World--CW) is willing to work with you and not against you. CW does have a pretty bad rap in general but there are some that people have had good experiences with.

Thor, for many people on the forums here, has been excellent to work with and very responsive to most, if not all, inquiries.

When all else fails there is Thor's factory service in Wakarusa, IN that provides top-notch repair services.

Find a really good pre-delivery-inspection checklist (a good one can be found in Ed's crowd sourced Axis/Vegas manual here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html ). Have the dealer take you through the unit going over the checklist before you sign any delivery paperwork and make sure you get in writing all the things that they will be fixing for you. In addition: do not let them hold it hostage: If they tell you they'll need to order parts inform them that you'll take the unit with you and only return once they have the parts on hand.

Having a bit of knowledge going in will make things run smoothly for you and help you weather some of the storm--if it happens. Read up on the forums here, and ask any and all questions you may have...there are lots of us who have been through it (good and bad) and are willing to answer questions.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #3

State: Minnesota
THOR #6628
Cool

Thanks JamieGeek! I'll download the checklist and go in armed. We had a little tussle with CW over the price/financing, but once I mentioned the MN AG we didn't have any more issues...that we know of. We'll find out Saturday when we bring our trade in.