Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2016, 07:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom elite 26he
State: Iowa
THOR #5830
hello, newbie to the MH and forums world

Just got our first MH last week, a freedom elite 26he. we know nothing about rving and I could use some help. I must have a million questions and do not know where to start....was wondering since found this site, if someone could point me in the direction as to leveling/stabilizing requirements and procedure of the MH (guess that is a good starting point).

thanks
rick

Old 10-31-2016, 07:30 PM   #2

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Rick -- although not a Freedom Elite, I compiled an Owners' Manual for the Vegas/Axis because the Thor manual was very generic. The manual I compiled contains a lot of information about system operations. Many of those are similar in yours. You might find the manual I compiled helpful in understanding how systems work in your RV. Some of the "switchology" between the Vegas/Axis might also be similar.

Here is the link to the manual. You can download it as a MSWord or PDF file.
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYx6DLSeiiP6UNyy_VYGDO0BW6L
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #3

Model: Freedom elite 26he
State: Iowa
THOR #5830
Thanks

Thanks bev and Ed for the great manual. I will have to re-read it serveral times to get my hands round taking care of new rv. I like yours better than thor's manual. However, the manual has gotten me thinking what have my wife and I gotten into with this rv, but I guess we will learn to deal with it.
Thanks again
Rick
Old 11-15-2016, 02:25 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
State: Florida
THOR #1907
Rick;
Welcome to the forum and the world of motorhomes. Much of the information you seek can be found right here with some reading and searching. It would be difficult for anyone to help you when a million questions, but one or two at a time is very doable. Enjoy your new coach and keep all of informed as to how things are going.
JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:55 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Rick, Welcome aboard, we where new to RVing two years ago and it seems overwhelming but its not that bad. With guys like Ed on this forum life is a lot easier and there are many other people that can really help you. Our RV is similar to yours and in two years we have never had to level the unit. I do carry 2 sets of leveling blocks with us but haven't had to use them. With that said my concern is level for the refrigerator since we have no slides to concern us. I have used levels to check it and we have had to move the RV around to get more level on some sights. Happy Travels.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:40 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
I have downloaded that Manuel. It's amazing! Thank you very much. It answers many of the questions that brought me to this forum.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:42 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 34J
THOR #6009
OK, I need some help concerning how to post. So here's the scenario, and my dilemma. Someone post's something and I want to ask them a question. If I post a quick reply, my post goes to the bottom of the thread, which can be a long way down from the post I want to address. What's the quickest path to the person I have a question with. Thanks! Dennis
Old 12-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777
OK, I need some help concerning how to post. So here's the scenario, and my dilemma. Someone post's something and I want to ask them a question. If I post a quick reply, my post goes to the bottom of the thread, which can be a long way down from the post I want to address. What's the quickest path to the person I have a question with. Thanks! Dennis
Copy the relevant portions of their post and paste them as a quote (bracket)quote="theirname"(closebracket)What they said(bracket)/quote(closebracket) then ask the question. (Which is how I quoted your text above)

It is better to do it that way as other members may also have relevant information than to send them a private message.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 02:00 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickosterloh View Post
Just got our first MH last week, a freedom elite 26he. we know nothing about rving and I could use some help. I must have a million questions and do not know where to start....was wondering since found this site, if someone could point me in the direction as to leveling/stabilizing requirements and procedure of the MH (guess that is a good starting point).

thanks
rick
Welcome to the boards and congrats on your MH!

We are "first generation" campers and we knew absolutely nothing about motorhomes. Learn everything...I mean everything...you can about your motorhome. Read, read, and read some more.

The members on this board are phenomenal. They are always willing to help. Ask away..

Always Tinker
Old 12-24-2016, 03:36 PM   #10

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Rick Congratulations on your new coach! As a new rver I'm sure you have lots of questions and this is the place to ask them. This forum has many experienced people that are always willing to help. No one knows it all but with the experience here there is probably someone who can help. I hope you enjoy many happy and safe miles!
Old 12-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #11

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Welcome to the forum...we are here to help one another so feel free to ask whatever you need...the only bad question is the one you don't ask.