Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #3384
New Four Winds Owners

Hello, my wife and I have just purchased a used 2011 Four Winds Class C and I want to thank everyone for the huge amount of very useful information on the forum. I am especially glad that I found the thread from FW28Z about leaking tail lights. I was able to get the tail lights off and fortunately there was very little moisture and no real damage. I replaced the 3157 bulbs with LED equivalents and then used clear sealant around the tail lights as I saw from the many posting about this issue that it is almost impossible to stop the leaking.

We opted to purchase one of the rental units from El Monte RV in McKinney, Texas and, so far, we have been happy with it. It is one of the 24 foot Class Cs with the 23U floor plan which will work well for us being first time RVers. Unfortunately, since it seems to be built to El Monte specs, the Thor web site had no additional documentation on it when I entered the VIN in the support page.

I am installing a rear view camera on the coach and in trying to verify some of the electrical fusing and circuits, I have also ran across the many complaints about lack of electrical wiring info.

I would like to find out if anyone can tell me if the Class C units like we have has one of the Battery Control Centers on it. I have looked high and low for one in all the expected places with no results. There is the standard Ford fuse panels under the hood and under the driver's side dash and a breaker panel under the dinette for AC and 12 V fuses. The El Monte salesman seems to think there is one, the Thor manual says the BCC is Class A only and says the 12 V, 50 A reset button behind the converter (haven't had a chance to confirm this yet). The reset button is what I am especially interested in so that I know exactly where it is.

John