Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2016, 12:02 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #3611
Getting ready

Hello, my wife and I just bought an 2016 Thor Ace 29.2. we bought it from a private owner so we didn't get a walk through. We are going to stay at a Koa for two weeks before we head out on a yearlong odyssey. This is our first RV experience. I have done my best to learn about the RV but there is a lot. Would you guys suggest we pay for someone to walk us through it? Camping World (which is next door) wants to charge us $150 for 90 min. walk through. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks

Old 02-07-2016, 12:58 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneasy rver View Post
Hello, my wife and I just bought an 2016 Thor Ace 29.2. we bought it from a private owner so we didn't get a walk through. We are going to stay at a Koa for two weeks before we head out on a yearlong odyssey. This is our first RV experience. I have done my best to learn about the RV but there is a lot. Would you guys suggest we pay for someone to walk us through it? Camping World (which is next door) wants to charge us $150 for 90 min. walk through. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks
You are probably better off reading everything you can on this forum and asking any questions that you have. There are some wonderful people on this forum who can and will answer any questions that you have. Start with the "walk thru" checklist and go from there. You have a great resource here to "search" and ask.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:39 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1503
Also, the staff at the KOA will be helpful with questions you may have about hooking up and dumping.

Bruce in NoLA
Old 02-07-2016, 04:19 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3228
Congratulations on your ACE 29.2 purchase. The ACE 29.2 is one of three my wife and I are considering, with the others being the AXIS/VEGAS 24.1 and the Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702.

Our final decision is about a month away, and in the meantime we are trying to continue to learn as much as possible about these coaches, including issues others have experienced. Updates on your impressions and experiences with your ACE, either good or bad, will be very much appreciated.