Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2019, 01:05 PM   #1
Ali

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 35
State: Massachusetts
THOR #16159
Hello Thor 35' Windsport

Hello, recently purchased a 35' Windsport Class A. It has an issue with running the fridge on house batteries I need to get some help on please. Fridge works on land power or generator, but will not stay on with house batteries (brand new deep cycle 6v in series). This is preventing me from really enjoying it as the fridge is defunct while on the move.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Congratulations! Welcome to our group from South Texas! Have you checked to see if inverter is on?
Old 07-29-2019, 02:00 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Accolade 37L
State: Arkansas
THOR #13243
Are you sure your fridge runs on 12V? Some do, I know, but most are 120 (shore power/generator) or propane. Many newer ones are residential and only run on shore power or thru the inverter using the house batteries.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:06 PM   #4
Ali

Model: 35
State: Massachusetts
THOR #16159
Help with the fridge.

The fridge does run on propane, yet when the generator and land power are off/disconnected the fridge control panel that shows the power state is without power to show anything. There are LP, AC, and Generator indicators but the all go blank. I think my next hunt and seek will be to try to look for an inverter. I have no manuals of any kind for how this is wired, and Thor/FourWinds has no help as the VIn fails to show up in their system. They lost all records of prior MH's to 2003 due to a database merge. As such I am on my own to chase/trace wiring from the house batteries to the inverter or anything else. Thank you for your suggestions.