Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: Florida
THOR #1382
Hello From West Central Florida

Hello to the THOR forum - We are new owners of a 2015 THOR ACE 29.2... First time RV'ers, have traded in our 31 foot sailboat for a land yacht. Overall I am amazed at the features we got in our 29.2, but alas, a bit disappointed in the overall fit and finish... Many things that I think the dealer should have resolved before we left the lot, but we'll give them a chance to make good before we report it here. I've worked in manufacturing Quality Assurance for over 25 years, so I guess I may have high standards.
Since we picked her up, we've had a chance to do a long weekend shake-down cruise, and have compiled our punch list. We're negotiating with the dealer and will report when we've gotten satisfaction on all.
I do have to acknowledge the call we got from THOR Consumer Affairs (prior to the Concierge call). I do feel that I've got factory support. Hoping to clear up the initial quality issues, and enjoy many years of cruising! PS We love reading about other's experiences out there, and learning what to do (and not to do).

Old 04-19-2015, 05:08 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite
THOR #1616
Did you get your problems resolved to your satisfaction? We are in Clearwater and were working with CW in Tampa/Dover.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #3

Model: ACE 29.2
THOR #1382
Hello OHpink2,
Actually, I've gotten all of my issues resolved but not by CW... I've fixed them all myself (they weren't very responsive to a quick resolution, nor returning phone calls / emails). My punch list grew to twenty-one items ( from non-functioning cab blower speed control [because it was never connected from the factory], interior wood trim that was cut too long [bowing out when it swelled due to Florida humidity], to missing rubber bumpers on rattling cabinet doors and poorly listed circuit breakers/fuse IDs.
We've got another shake-down cruise to Disney's Fort Wilderness, to see if anything else pops up.
I have heard good things about CW Holiday (closer to Clearwater), but hope to never have to use them.
Best of luck to you!
Old 04-19-2015, 08:19 PM   #4

Model: Freedom Elite
THOR #1616
We love the Holiday CW. The technician there found our drivetrain problem and suggested we take it to Ford dealer. Gator Ford is the only one that has heavy duty equipment. They balanced the drive shaft two times and then decided to totally change it out. We called Thor AND Ford corporation and got them involved. After 3 weeks (which included Easter) we finally have it back. We are waiting for parts for Holiday to fix the SECOND leak in our storage areas underneath. Hope this is the end, but adraid it is not. Good luck to you and happy camping.

Tags
ace, ace 29.2, first time buyers, thor