Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2016, 01:51 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Smile Hey

Hey everyone, just joined. Wife and I recently purchased a 2016 Thor Vegas 25.2. First Class A. I wanted to tell everyone that I have enjoyed and look forward to reading your ideas and seeing your creativity. American ingenuity at its best! Thank you all for the great ideas.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:57 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Welcome and congrats.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:14 AM   #3

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
I love my 25.2. Welcome and don't forget to wave when you see me.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:58 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome and congrats on your choice. For us, the 25.2 is our Goldilocks coach, not too big, not too small, just right! We like the storage in and out, the shower, and the walk around bed. And of course, that big panorama window in the front.

Here's to many happy nights, and many happy miles!
Old 09-23-2016, 01:55 AM   #5

THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Welcome and congrats.
Thank you!
Old 09-23-2016, 01:57 AM   #6

THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
I love my 25.2. Welcome and don't forget to wave when you see me.
We sure will!
Old 09-23-2016, 02:10 AM   #7

THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Welcome and congrats on your choice. For us, the 25.2 is our Goldilocks coach, not too big, not too small, just right! We like the storage in and out, the shower, and the walk around bed. And of course, that big panorama window in the front.

Here's to many happy nights, and many happy miles!
Thank you and you are right on the money about the Goldilocks. Our last Class C was 33'9" and was kind of long when you add a my old jeep. This Vegas is perfect it drives way better than my 2011 class c and is much quitter. We went down to Darlington SC for the race and people came up and wanted to know what it was and who makes them. I am working on adding a spare tire behind the gas tank. I also want to add the max air vent covers (over 50 and forget stuff), a sewer line holder, and add a rack on the back for a little extra storage of stuff.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:46 AM   #8

State: Illinois
THOR #5112
i added a Roadmaster spare tire carrier on my Axis 25-2. works great takes about a minute to lower spare or put it up.don't have to get on ground or under MH.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #9

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucke View Post
Thank you and you are right on the money about the Goldilocks. Our last Class C was 33'9" and was kind of long when you add a my old jeep. This Vegas is perfect it drives way better than my 2011 class c and is much quitter. We went down to Darlington SC for the race and people came up and wanted to know what it was and who makes them. I am working on adding a spare tire behind the gas tank. I also want to add the max air vent covers (over 50 and forget stuff), a sewer line holder, and add a rack on the back for a little extra storage of stuff.
I was a bit concerned about taking ours out on the long trip last summer without any spare tire. I really didn't want to put a spare on the back bumper because of our bike rack. I bought a matching tire from Tire Rack, wrapped it in packing saran and put it behind the gas tank. One end is on top of the tow bar and the other end is on a 2x6 that I cut to fit between the frame rails. Oh yes, I don't have the tire mounted on a rim for now. I thought I would at least not have to wait days for a new tire. FYI.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:56 AM   #10

THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
I was a bit concerned about taking ours out on the long trip last summer without any spare tire. I really didn't want to put a spare on the back bumper because of our bike rack. I bought a matching tire from Tire Rack, wrapped it in packing saran and put it behind the gas tank. One end is on top of the tow bar and the other end is on a 2x6 that I cut to fit between the frame rails. Oh yes, I don't have the tire mounted on a rim for now. I thought I would at least not have to wait days for a new tire. FYI.
I really do not like going anywhere without a spare. I like your idea. That may be what happens by the time I finish. I also have a carrier for bikes or stuff and a want to be able to pull the old jeep. I purchased a rim and tire and had it mounted. It looks like there is plenty of room for a tire behind the gas tank. I took a couple measurements and mocked up a cross member and added a spare tire winch. Sure has turned into more work than I had originally thought. After paint tomorrow I hope to get it installed. Its good to have a back up plan because as we all know the best of plans go bad. Thank you Axis Earl
Old 09-24-2016, 02:00 AM   #11

THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
i added a Roadmaster spare tire carrier on my Axis 25-2. works great takes about a minute to lower spare or put it up.don't have to get on ground or under MH.
Hey Tigwelder, I seen those and thought they were really nice and looked easy to use. I want to be able to put the carrier on the back and be able to pull the old jeep. Thanks for telling me about it.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:11 AM   #12

State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
Don't happen to have a picture that you could share?

Congrats on your 2016 VEGAS purchase. We love ours, can hardly wait for longer trips.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:25 AM   #13

THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Don't happen to have a picture that you could share?

Congrats on your 2016 VEGAS purchase. We love ours, can hardly wait for longer trips.
I will take one tomorrow. If all works out I will also include stuff needed to make it.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:21 AM   #14

State: Illinois
THOR #5112
i slide the tire carrier into hitch then i slide tow bar into carrier. my tip out is in rear so when i get to camp ground i let tire down. very easy.the tire and wheel is very heavy even for being 16''. i hauled it in back of my jeep patriot but if i went any where without jeep i had no place for spare. placing spare under coach is a bad idea unless you or a tire changer can bench press a heavy tire and wheel. the roadmaster carrier i pull pin with one hand then drop or raise tire with other hand.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:59 PM   #15

State: Missouri
THOR #4687
So, on the roadmaster, the tire actually blocks your slide until you lower it?

Got a 25.2VEGAS here.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:58 PM   #16

THOR #5494
Tire mount on chassis

Hey everyone, I finished the home made tire carrier for our 2016 Vegas 25.2. I want you all to know I am not a professional welder/fabricator, engineer, or painter. I feel blessed to be able to dream stuff like this up and then make it reality. Well here are a few pictures and then I will add the list of what I used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire carrier.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	3059   Click image for larger version

Name:	mounted tire carrier.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	3060  

Click image for larger version

Name:	mounted tire Cary 2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	3061   Click image for larger version

Name:	mounted tire.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	3062  

Old 09-24-2016, 08:17 PM   #17

THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucke View Post
Hey everyone, I finished the home made tire carrier for our 2016 Vegas 25.2. I want you all to know I am not a professional welder/fabricator, engineer, or painter. I feel blessed to be able to dream stuff like this up and then make it reality. Well here are a few pictures and then I will add the list of what I used.
I went to Pick n pull (Junk Yard) and took the winch off of a E250. You could get one off of any F or E series late model. 35.00

I had some 4" channel left over from another job. 3/16" thickness x 43" long.

Two 4"x4" pieces of channel

A 1' piece of 1 1/2" angle iron 3/16" thick

Eight feet 1 1/2" x 3/16 square stock

I used 14 6011 welding rods and 11 grade 8 bolts with washers and lock nuts.

I also moved the tire over toward the passenger side as far as I could go with it to have more space between the generator and the tire. I also had to drill 4 holes in the frame. Only 2 of them were actually drilled into Fords frame. The other 2 were drilled into the frame add on. Non of the welding or painting was performed under the coach. I also use a 8" wobble extension and ratchet to let the tire down. Hope I never need it. Hope you all enjoy!