Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2018, 01:01 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieP View Post
Bucket List Inn, if you haven't picked it up, check your dashboard and see that all connections are done. I spent some time on my back plugging things in after delivery. I don't know if this was a factory problem or what (we bought a show unit). Also, I didn't realize that the electric component of the hot water heater ran to the washing machine/dryer circuit breakers until I called the service man (Duh)! The "Boss" and I are a little North of Indian River (I-75 exit 313) and winter near Flagler Beach (Atlantic side).
Ah Ha! Ya can't fool me! That's Jax Beach! Back in my 3rd childhood I was there. Wait a minute, that was my 4th...I think.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:58 AM   #22

Model: Aria 3901
State: Florida
THOR #6952
Welcome Bucket List ... I hope you enjoy the RV life as much as we do!
Old 10-07-2018, 09:07 AM   #23

Model: ACE 30.4
State: Michigan
THOR #13168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
Take your IPhone or Android with you and record everything. Then make a recording on your computer. I got a big Hardback Notebook and put all the pamphlets there with a content page listing what page is what pamphlet, records of repairs and you learn lots more on this website. Guess you should also have a smaller notebook for where you keep all the shortcuts and sequences for what you want to do. Maybe another log for each RV campground and if it was OK.
Thanks Carson61, When we bought our first 5th wheel back in 2006 I recorded the delivery especially the part about hooking up and unhooking it. Good advice!
Old 10-07-2018, 09:12 AM   #24

THOR #13168
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfield3 View Post
Welcome Bucket List ... I hope you enjoy the RV life as much as we do!
Thank you, The unit we had prior to this one we put about 25000 miles on and averaged 100+ nights camping per year in. I’m not planning on slowing down and the Bucket List keeps growing!
Old 10-07-2018, 09:27 AM   #25

THOR #13168
Quote:
Bucket List Inn, if you haven't picked it up, check your dashboard and see that all connections are done. I spent some time on my back plugging things in after delivery. I don't know if this was a factory problem or what (we bought a show unit). Also, I didn't realize that the electric component of the hot water heater ran to the washing machine/dryer circuit breakers until I called the service man (Duh)! The "Boss" and I are a little North of Indian River (I-75 exit 313) and winter near Flagler Beach (Atlantic side).
Thanks ArtieP, I wish I’d have seen your post before our PDI about the dashboard connections LOL yep neither the 12v plugs or the USB plugs work! Oh well that’s on the list to be fixed when I take it back for some other things. Funny thing is I had them show me that the trailer hitch plug had power on all of its connections.
Indian River used to be my 2nd home. When I was a kid my parents took us to Burt Lake State Park several times a year. Then all while our kids were growing up we always went back for the same 2-3 weeks every year so they could meet their friends who did the same thing. Is Christopher’s Restaurant still open downtown IR?
Bill
Old 10-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #26

THOR #13168
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! We look forward to meeting you sometime. Please keep us posted on any Rallys that might be going on and we’ll try and get to them. Again Thanks! Bill and Penny
Old 10-07-2018, 07:14 PM   #27

THOR #10735
Welcome

Welcome -- wishing you well with the new MH.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #28

Model: Windsport 34F
THOR #7286
It's still there, but under new ownership. We are getting civilized with a McDonald's and a Burger King. We also have the best gasoline in Michigan. It's obviously the best or the price wouldn't be so high.
Good luck with your unit. We are trying to wear out ours and hoping it lasts till it's paid for.
ArtieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:07 PM   #29

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
It's still there, but under new ownership. We are getting civilized with a McDonald's and a Burger King. We also have the best gasoline in Michigan. It's obviously the best or the price wouldn't be so high.
Good luck with your unit. We are trying to wear out ours and hoping it lasts till it's paid for.
I don't know. California may be gaining on you.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #30

THOR #13168
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDFSunrise View Post
Welcome -- wishing you well with the new MH.
Thank You!
Old 10-09-2018, 11:19 AM   #31

THOR #13168
Quote:

And of course Vivios! Back in our boating days we used to stop at the Pinehurst for a Burger and a beer. I cant believe we didn't get botulism but the burgers were the best on the inland waterway! We drove by there last year and I was nervous just pulling in the driveway!