Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2018, 05:33 PM   #1
Max

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #6984
Hi, my husband and I bought an ace 30.1 last Sept. We haven't really gone on a long t

We need advice on our water pump. It is not running water, but sounds like the motor is running. It has 1/3 water in it. Does it need more water to run? We are trying to problem solve before taking it to camping world. Werr just had to get new breakers for generator and levelers. That any for any help.

Max
FloridaClick image for larger version

Name:	20180101_022224.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	8438Click image for larger version

Name:	20171229_145209.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	8441Click image for larger version

Name:	20171229_145050.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	8442

Old 01-04-2018, 07:41 PM   #2

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
If your fresh water tank is 1/3 full and the pump is running you should be running water at your faucets. If none of the faucets work I’d find and examine the pump. There might be a kinked hose (in or out) or there might be a filter or valve clogged with debris. If your coach is new this would not be especially unusual. You’d think not but sometimes it seems to be up to the owner to make even new things work. Did you do a pre-delivery inspection with your dealer? Did it work then?

There most likely is a valve near the inlet side of the pump that also could be the culprit. It is there for winterizing (to draw from a bottle of antifreeze instead of the water tank). If it was left in the wintertime position that could be your problem. Good luck. Lots of great people here that will be glad to help.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Check the filter on the inlet of the pump. I was having problems with our 30.1 with not getting good flow and pump cycling. When I started inspecting things, I found that filter was full of white plastic chips - same color as the fresh water tank, so I presume that Thor left a bunch of cuttings from the tank holes inside the tank. Also check the shutoff valve that is upstream of the filter. This valve gets closed when you are sucking antifreeze into the system during winterization, and Thor may have left it closed.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:06 PM   #4
Max

THOR #6984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
If your fresh water tank is 1/3 full and the pump is running you should be running water at your faucets. If none of the faucets work I’d find and examine the pump. There might be a kinked hose (in or out) or there might be a filter or valve clogged with debris. If your coach is new this would not be especially unusual. You’d think not but sometimes it seems to be up to the owner to make even new things work. Did you do a pre-delivery inspection with your dealer? Did it work then?

There most likely is a valve near the inlet side of the pump that also could be the culprit. It is there for winterizing (to draw from a bottle of antifreeze instead of the water tank). If it was left in the wintertime position that could be your problem. Good luck. Lots of great people here that will be glad to help.
Yes, it did work. It was a new coach when we bought it. Thanks for the information. We will check it out. I'll let you know. I want impressed with the walk through or follow up at camping world. FYI.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #5
Max

THOR #6984
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
Check the filter on the inlet of the pump. I was having problems with our 30.1 with not getting good flow and pump cycling. When I started inspecting things, I found that filter was full of white plastic chips - same color as the fresh water tank, so I presume that Thor left a bunch of cuttings from the tank holes inside the tank. Also check the shutoff valve that is upstream of the filter. This valve gets closed when you are sucking antifreeze into the system during winterization, and Thor may have left it closed.
Thanks for the information. The water was working until recently when both breakers, the generator and levelers had to be replaced, it stopped working. My hubby forgot to tell them when her got the breakers replaced. I think it odd all three things quit working at the same time. We will check it out and let you know.