Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2016, 02:26 AM   #1

State: Arkansas
THOR #4686
New owner 25.2 Axis

Hello ya'll, just wanted to introduce myself and I am new owner of 2017 Axis 25.2 and on introductory run for this or any RV. Retired Air Force Aircraft maintenance officer and now an RN. Been up on Blue Ridge Pkwy and escaping heat. Took it to limited hook-ups, no hook-ups at NPS Mt Pisgah, and now in full hook-up campground in Asheville before heading back to Charleston, SC in the morning. Only check-out I think I've missed is rain. Some minor issues for warranty but loving the new ride!

Old 07-26-2016, 11:24 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #3216
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstroud11 View Post
Hello ya'll, just wanted to introduce myself and I am new owner of 2017 Axis 25.2 and on introductory run for this or any RV. Retired Air Force Aircraft maintenance officer and now an RN. Been up on Blue Ridge Pkwy and escaping heat. Took it to limited hook-ups, no hook-ups at NPS Mt Pisgah, and now in full hook-up campground in Asheville before heading back to Charleston, SC in the morning. Only check-out I think I've missed is rain. Some minor issues for warranty but loving the new ride!
Good deal. We're live out that way and are headed home in a couple of days after our first extended trip (2,500 miles). The only real issues I have are the radio/rear cam and the noise and heat that comes thru the doghouse. I seem to recall someone addressing the doghouse on this site... anyway...glad you are having a good 1st experience!
Hendersonville, NC
billnagle6900@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:59 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the Axis purchase. Sounds like you're enjoying it.

I'm X-Air Force also but didn't retire. 4 years was enough for me. Saw enough of Hawaii.

Safe travels.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:50 PM   #4

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Welcome aboard. This forum has everything you never knew you wanted to know about your RV. Safe travels.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:04 PM   #5

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Welcome aboard. You'll find lots of friendly folks here to answer your questions.

Also retired AF -- had 42 years continuous active duty. Munitions/Aircraft Maintenance Officer. Commanded two different B-52 Aircraft Maint squadrons, and was Log Group Commander at Barksdale. When I retired I was the AF's Chief of Munitions and Nuclear Weapons.

As any good aircraft maintenance officer would know -- never attempt any maintenance task without the checklist. Here is a link to one I wrote for the Vegas/Axis to supplement the anemic one provided by Thor: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYx6DLSeiiP53x246awlGrg8B-I
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:50 AM   #6

THOR #4686
I had downloaded your checklists before I got my Axis, thank you for the great resource! Never spent time with B-52s except when I was stationed in Guam, and during deployment for Iraqi Freedom when I was with the B-2s. Also stint moving weapons in the new at the time Kirkland Underground.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:57 AM   #7

THOR #4686
I was actually quite pleased and found the noise from doghouse less than I expected. Only issues we have is the touch screen on radio not working, so can't look behind on camera and therefore will not tow anything until fixed, and the ceiling AC vents down drivers side not putting out any air and must be disconnected or blocked. Not a long initial warranty list at all.