Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2016, 12:30 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: New Jersey
THOR #5481
Hi from NJ!!

My husband and I just purchased our first RV-- a 2017 Thor Windsport 34J. We are beyond excited to begin our family adventures and learn about all the best spots to visit-- from mountains to parks, beaches to lakes.

We have two children-- one of whom has a syndrome that causes her significant disabilities. We felt that traveling in an RV would be easier for vacationing than having to deal with airports and the hassles of security checks for our daughter's medical food and equipment.

We were told that child safety seats can be safely installed in the front-facing dinette booth of our RV, but I am very curious to know what brands of car seats others use and how best to anchor them during travel. Any help that can be offered by those who are "in the know" would be wonderful-- we go this weekend to pick up our new "home".

Laurie

Tags
carseat help, new rv'er