Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-06-2017, 12:23 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #9087
Cool Hi To Thor

Introducing myself Phil and my wife Robbie to the Thor life.
We have had a 5th wheel toy hauler for 3 years and in August 2017 we decided to upgrade to more comfort and luxury in a Thor Palazzo 36.1. What a really nice coach it is, just right for us. We have a couple of mastiffs which will hopefully be travelling with us in the future and also my wife's daughter Holly occasionally.
We picked up the Palazzo from Camping world of Katy and the next morning set off on an initial trip. We did have a few teething problems and have overcome those and had 3 weeks enjoyment traveling over 3000 miles.
Unfortunately, Harvey decided to hit our home town of Richmond and Houston and created chaos and devastation not only in our area but way up into Tennessee, thankfully, the sub-division was spared any major flooding and our house remained dry. We intend doing a lot of traveling with our little home away from home, so, if you see us out there, come say hello!

Old 09-06-2017, 12:36 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:57 AM   #3

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Congrats, glad Harvey didn't damage your home. Welcome to the forum.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:15 AM   #4

Model: outlaw 37ls
State: Europe
THOR #6831
howdy and welcome
Old 09-06-2017, 01:47 AM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum!!! Glad you were one of the fortunate ones to escape the flooding!
Old 09-06-2017, 04:10 AM   #6

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
Congrats on the new coach. We are neighbors, in the Sugar Land area, and we also luckily escaped any flooding in Harvey (our son and his family live in Richmond and also came through in good shape). Our Challenger 37LX is currently at Camping World in Katy awaiting some warranty repairs. We were unsure whether the motor home suffered any damage in the storm at Camping World, as they were closed for almost a week after the storm hit. Luckily, we eventually found out that all of the units stored at Camping World came through the storm with no damage. After a week and a half cooped up at home due to the storm, we are itching to get our coach back and hit the road again. We were considering a trip to Key West, but I think we will have to come up with a different destination.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #7

THOR #9087
Hi Neighbor, Our Palazzo needs warranty repairs, (nothing serious), but Camping World Katy have told us we will have to contact Thor and get another dealer to carry out the work due to Harvey.
We are reluctant to put it in for anything just now, just in case these weather conditions take a turn for the worse. First sign of any Hurricane hitting Texas and we are out of here. My Wife wants to go to Michigan and New York to see the fall colors but I would prefer to go West for now. I certainly wouldn't go anywhere near Florida with Irma coming in.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:26 PM   #8
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to the Party!!
How about some pics of your new rig?
Glad to hear that you guys were spared from the worst of Harvey. Let's all say a quick prayer for those who are ib Irma's path...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #9

Model: Palazzo 36.1
THOR #8617
Hi to thor

Philm. Congrats on the new RV. I bought my 36.1 in June. Looks like you and TxTig are my neighbors. I live in Huffman (Northeast of Houston). We didn't flood either, thank God.