Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2016, 02:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #5373
Introduction and Question

Hello All, We are Phil & Joyce in North Georgia. In the last 6 weeks we have taken several small break-in trips in our 2014, 36.1 Palazzo and we love it!
We hope all new RV owners have as much fun as we have.

Question; Does anyone know where an air compressor fitting is on the chassis? I thought I saw an air hose connection in the front compartment where the generator is and after I purchased an air hose to install I could not find it again. Was I daydreaming?

Old 11-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
You do have a quick disconnect fitting under the front hood, it's brass and probably up and to the left as you are looking in. The fitting will accept a male fitting and you can use it to air tires or anything else. The fitting is there in case the coach needs to be towed, the wrecker will hook up air hose there to release the brakes. Do NOT use this air to blow out your water lines, it will contaminate them with oil. In our Tuscany I kept a 50' air hose with air chuck to air tires, 50' would reach everything. You didn't imagine anything, it's there!
Old 11-13-2016, 07:47 PM   #3

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #5373
Thanks Super D, I went and looked harder and found the port behind my cab HVAC duct that had moved out of position. For anyone wanting to know, the female port size is 1/4" industrial.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:15 AM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Phil, you are very welcome! The quick disconnect on our coach had a ball valve behind it, always assumed it was to prevent leak-down if the fitting wasn't being used. Glad you found it!!!

Tags
accesory air fitting, air comperssor connection, air hose accessory, air hose connection