Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2018, 05:01 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Has anyone ever received their money back from a Camping World dealer?

Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:16 AM   #22

State: California
THOR #10354
Yes, sort of see #19. When you said "get your money back", did you mean for the entire purchase? There are specific rules in California about that. I think they make you sign a release that basically says you give up your 3 day right of refusal when you pick up the coach. I think the trick is to not take it off of the lot if you are thinking of returning the unit. I did get back my 5 year warranty program premium from Camping World after contacting them within a couple of weeks. They claimed that I could stop the linear payments for the policy at any point in time but you should read the contract before signing. Get a copy of all of the contracts they require you to sign and read them ahead of time---it will take a few hours to digest the legal text in the documents.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:21 AM   #23

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote from my wise father about contracts, "The big print giveth and the small print taketh away!"

They know that most folks don't read the contract until there is a problem. Bet most of the sales people don't have a clue what those contracts really say!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #24

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #10528
JamieGeek,

We've got the Axis home now. The PDI went well. We had to drain the water system prior to leaving as we live in snow country. I've kept it heated as we are going to use it this weekend. Question: we lost the prime on the water pump as a result of draining it. How do you reprime it? In other words, the water pump isnt pumping the water.

Thanks for any advise. Denise...
Old 02-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #25

THOR #10528
We picked up the Axis, drove 175 miles home and have planned our 1st outing this weekend. The 1st thing we encountered was that we lost the Prime on our water pump as a result of draining the water tanks. Like you, we live in snow country and didnt want our 1st maintanence issue to be broken pipes. Anyway, it took 30 min to resolve. Still chewing on whether or not to get an extended warranty/service plan... erg... Hope you can hit the road soon.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:36 PM   #26

THOR #10528
Got it! Had to rig up a siphon system, which we needed anyway to winterize the beast.... my nickname for the axis.... Looking forward to our 1st outing this weekend! Let the adventure begin!
Old 02-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #27

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
It should prime itself. If you have it empty, on not much in it, go ahead and remove the filter just ahead of the pump and remove the plastic chips from drilling the tank. They are almost always there. Enjoy.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:24 PM   #28

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Inspection Check List

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BlindMice View Post
We've been looking at RVs for a year.. We've been a bouncing ball between a Trailer or a Motorhome. That is, until we went to an RV show in Pleasanton, California and fell in love. So here we are; now owners of an Axis 24.1 that we haven't even picked up yet. All you other Axis owners out there; educate me on what i should closely inspect when i go to pick up the RV on the 25th of Jan.?
Congratulations! Here the definitive checklist by Ed on this Forum!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #29

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Inspection Checklist

Inspection checklist by Ed.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:17 PM   #30
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Yeah the pump self primes, just remember to open a faucet while you're running it: It can't pump water into a closed system.

Congratulations.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #31

THOR #10528
Thanks all for the guidance on checking the tire pressure and lug nuts. Indeed our tires were 20 -30 psi under pressure. Have just finished the 3 hour sanitizing process and will refill with fresh water. This forum is a gold mine of good information.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:25 PM   #32

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
And you shouldn’t need to rig a siphon to winterize. I don’t have your machine but think Thor always provides a winterizing valve.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:49 AM   #33

Model: Axis RUV 24.1
State: New York
THOR #9288

2BlindMice...I just got to your PM sorry it took me this long to read it and to give a reply. The question on the water pump loss of water being pumped, it could be a number of things from a bad pump as the worst case to a little air leak or air lock. I would check for power, the valves being in the correct position the switches being under power as well as power to the pump. Being that your RUV is newer / new model I'd say the chance of the pump being bad might be slim but it could be. The newer pumps ( as stated before by others) usually are all self priming and if it needs to be primed you can do that a number of ways, having a prime line and valve connection would be one or use the set up that is used for the winterizing procedure ( antifreeze being sucked into the system vis the intake hose for winterizing. oh another think make sure you have a faucet open when you start the prime cause that might keep you from getting a good prime. One last thing , if you have a computer and printer do print The manual that the USAF Col has developed with the help of a few folks on this forum. I consider it the Vegas / Axis Bible. It's a large down load and it is stock full of so much info that covers 99.99/100% of whet is needed to help you be a Happy Owner. It is a fantastic manual that the Col put together for us to use. Stock loaded with so much info and some damn good checklists to make your ownership and usage easy and fun. If I am correct I think one of the members here has a link to it. I think it is JimmieGeek...take a look at it and down load it. I have two copies one for the stick and brick place and one that stays in the RUV 24X7 365. Hope this helps!
K9Piper
Old 02-07-2018, 04:47 AM   #34

THOR #10528
Ford coach battery location: 2018 24.1 Axis / Recall on 2018

Could anyone who owns an Axis 24.1 (2018 or younger) tell me where the coach battery is located? We know the RV batteries are under the step, but was wondering if the battery for the Ford 450 is located on the passenger side, under the laptop holder? And if not, where? How do you access it?

Additionally, I just found out that there is a recall on our 2018 Axis. A label needs replacing and a bracket needs to be sanded down as it disrupts the windshield wipers. Thankfully the dealer is paying for our gas as we live 170 miles away.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:54 PM   #35

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
2Blindmice -- coach battery is on the left side of engine (when looking at it). On top of engine and behind a plethora of hoses and ducts. Hard to see and even harder to replace or check water.

Here is a link to show you the easiest (???) way to access the battery. Definitely an engineering "What were they thinking" moment. http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...ise-10915.html

And congads on the Axis and welcome to the forum.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #36
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BlindMice View Post
Could anyone who owns an Axis 24.1 (2018 or younger) tell me where the coach battery is located? We know the RV batteries are under the step, but was wondering if the battery for the Ford 450 is located on the passenger side, under the laptop holder? And if not, where? How do you access it?

Additionally, I just found out that there is a recall on our 2018 Axis. A label needs replacing and a bracket needs to be sanded down as it disrupts the windshield wipers. Thankfully the dealer is paying for our gas as we live 170 miles away.
There are a couple of threads to look at on this (yes its under the "desk" in front of the passenger seat):
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...anel-9209.html
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...ise-10915.html

To remove it see the threads, but you can see it/access it through the front "hood", just have to look beyond the HVAC intake hoses.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote