Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2016, 06:14 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Illinois
THOR #4087
Who pays for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
I also went to big truck repair shop that thor recommended had front and rear alignment and asked them to tighten up steering the did all they could much better. Running 82 lbs in front tires and 80 in back and that was much improvment. No wind I can drive with one hand. Love it on 900 mile trip right now. Have fun.
Could you tell me what that cost?
And 2 windshields sounds bad, how paid for those?

Old 06-01-2016, 06:41 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Illinois
THOR #4087
Confused about the back bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJames View Post
Hi Bill, You mentioned putting up a privacy curtain in your 25.2 just aft of the microwave so as to not have to use the bathroom. We were looking for the same privacy option in our week old Axis 25.2. We set up the rear bedroom in “day bed” layout so we could have that changing room without using the rear slide or bathroom. We are both no more than 5’8’’ tall so we have another option to rest without sliding out the full queen bed. I noticed a few months ago some folks were concerned about the bed-fold in the 25.2 … this option works for us OK. Have attempted to upload photos ... they are all taken with the rear slide in.
Are you saying that the bed must be folded when the slide is in? As far as using it as a day bed is it wide enough to be comfortable for 1 person to stretch out when sleeping? I was planing on being able to sleep 2 without extending the slide in quick overnight stops when on the road. I often stop late, sleep and then start driving as soon as I wake while my son is still sleeping.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:13 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #3216
Quote:
Hi Bill, You mentioned putting up a privacy curtain in your 25.2 just aft of the microwave so as to not have to use the bathroom. We were looking for the same privacy option in our week old Axis 25.2. We set up the rear bedroom in “day bed” layout so we could have that changing room without using the rear slide or bathroom. We are both no more than 5’8’’ tall so we have another option to rest without sliding out the full queen bed. I noticed a few months ago some folks were concerned about the bed-fold in the 25.2 … this option works for us OK. Have attempted to upload photos ... they are all taken with the rear slide in.
I find the rear bed pretty darn comfy. We did add a topper. You photos make it look quite homey back there. At 6'2', it would not work to sleep sideways for me. We must'a been lucky. the only thing we've found in 7 months is a bit of loose weather stripping and the POS radio). We agree that camping world service is iffy if you go to one other than the one at which you made your purchase. We got ours was made 3 miles from home... thats a plus.
Hendersonville, NC
billnagle6900@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:46 PM   #24

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Thor paid for everything except rear alignment $450.00
Old 06-01-2016, 08:25 PM   #25
Lyn

State: New Jersey
THOR #4393
In our 25.2 the bed folds in half when slide is in but when slide is out and the bed is laid flat it seems quite comfortable. I have yet to sleep on it. Will this weekend for the first time.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:40 PM   #26

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #3216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
In our 25.2 the bed folds in half when slide is in but when slide is out and the bed is laid flat it seems quite comfortable. I have yet to sleep on it. Will this weekend for the first time.
Great Lyn. The only trick I've learned is to sleep well up into the bed so your weight is not right on the fold. Note that the depth of the mattress is different on each side of the fold to account for the difference in the level of the slide and stationary portion of the bed.
Just trivia.....
Old 06-01-2016, 08:57 PM   #27
Lyn

THOR #4393
Noted. Thanks. Most of the time it will be just me and my 2 dogs I am not very large. So we should have plenty of room. Although my dogs can be quite the bed hogs lol. Hubby only travels with me occasionally. He bought this for me to use to travel to all of our agility events.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:15 PM   #28
Lyn

THOR #4393
Good to know. Getting ours aligned tomorrow
Old 06-01-2016, 11:18 PM   #29

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
Hi, Lyn. Congrats, I think, on your new Thor. Our 2014 Vegas was put together by apes on LSD. Or so it seemed. After an entire year of aggravation, cancelled pre-paid camping trips, cancelled due to malfunctions, fights with Thor, and Camping World, and many repairs I did myself, we finally have a good coach. I spent a few hours under our coach securing wire looms and various loose wires, some of which were actually coming into contact with the tires while driving. I repaired plumbing leaks, poor factory caulking, interior and exterior, piss-poor design of cabinet door hardware, horrible, or non-existent factory QC, and about 20 other issues that were major annoyances, and a few that were safety related, such as defective driveshafts, inoperative tire-valve extenders, disabled windshield wipers, and front-end alignment that was so far out, the tires were wearing out in less than 2000 miles. Thor did pay for most of the repairs, tho, it took weeks to get warranty OKs from them for CW to get the parts and make the repairs. Some repairs tok multiple trips back to get them corrected. The new units we have seen at the shows do seem to have most of the problems we experienced corrected. Good luck. The Vegas is a fun-to-drive, economical coach, and should last a while. with proper care.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:28 PM   #30

THOR #3471
Load it just like you are going on a trip fill gas water lo gas and luggage set tire to 82 in front 80 rear before alignment. Tell them to tighten steering as much as possible
Old 06-02-2016, 12:30 AM   #31

Model: vegas 24.1
THOR #1466
tire pressures

Hugh, check the tire inflation sticker on the wall by the drivers seat. My Vegas indicates front tires should be 80psi. cold, and the dual rears should be 65 psi., cold. Maybe your coach is different.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:41 AM   #32

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
The sticker on the left wall by the driver in my 2015 Vegas 24.1 says 75 psi front and 65 psi rear. So I recommend everyone check their sticker before relying on what they read on the internet. It is obvious, one size does not fit all.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #33

THOR #3471
My 25.2 says 75 front 80 rear but does not travel well at those pressures. I played with to get the best handling on and off interstates at 50 - 65 mph. Your right though all coaches will be different according to weight.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:32 AM   #34

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod'sMom View Post
Are you saying that the bed must be folded when the slide is in? As far as using it as a day bed is it wide enough to be comfortable for 1 person to stretch out when sleeping? I was planing on being able to sleep 2 without extending the slide in quick overnight stops when on the road. I often stop late, sleep and then start driving as soon as I wake while my son is still sleeping.
On the 25.2 and the 25.3, the folded bed can not be useful to sit or lie on. The bed must be folded for the slide to retract. I had thought about turning the mattress around, but the part that flips over is thicker, so that idea didn't work. We have had no problem in extending the slide for quick overnight stops, even with our car attached.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:38 AM   #35

Model: 2017 Axis 25.2 E-450
State: Texas
THOR #4181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
On the 25.2 and the 25.3, the folded bed can not be useful to sit or lie on. The bed must be folded for the slide to retract. I had thought about turning the mattress around, but the part that flips over is thicker, so that idea didn't work. We have had no problem in extending the slide for quick overnight stops, even with our car attached.
Hi Mr. Sunshine, we actually can get some utility of the folded bed in the 25.2 as shown in the photos and described above. However as you mention that 60 inch long "day-bed" may not suit many folks including yourself. Different strokes etc. ...
Best regards,
James.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:09 AM   #36

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Oops, guess I missed your earlier post and pics. You are right about different strokes, and I would amend my comments. You have done a nice makeover of that area, and creatively made it work for you. We also stored the flimsy OE bedspread, and replaced it with one that Mrs S prefers.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:53 AM   #37

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
yes, a handful of zip ties to "fix" what Thor builders ignored.. lazy bstereds

Quote:
Hi again, Lyn, you mentioned you folks are “handy” so we suggest you get scissors some zip ties, roll of one-wrap Velcro tape (not the sticky type) and gorilla tape/strong duct tape and plan to spend a little time under the unit. We picked up our new 2017 Axis 25.2 last week we stopped for fuel after about 100 miles. We noticed some wiring hanging down under the unit. So after at home in the driveway and up on leveling blocks it was time to investigate and fix. Lots of “opportunities” to secure wires and wire tubes. Also we found a section on the driver’s side of about 6 feet of valances really poorly attached to the walls. So fixed the wires to be secure and took photos of the poor valance attachment for “warranty list.”
However, it’s not unusual for wiring to be looser than ideal in lots of new vehicles and a few screws not well placed. We don’t expect total Prevost quality at the Thor Axis price point.