Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-24-2017, 01:38 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis RUV 24.1
State: New York
THOR #9288
Thumbs up Just saying hi and soon to be a new owner of a 2018 Axis 24.1

Hi folks,
We just joined the forum a short time ago ( maybe a week aga) and wanted to say hello. We just signed the papers for a new 2018 Axis 24.1 and we will pick it up in October. This will be our home away from home and give my bride of 42 years and I a bit of time to see the USA. We will be bringing our 6 yer old Therapy Dog ( trained and certified) Hans a Bernese Mountain Dog with us as the two sons have been out of the nest for a few years.
I retired from the US Department of Homeland Security / Customs and Border Protection 10 years ago. I have seen all but one of our states but the bride has only seen about 15 of them. So for our 42nd anniversary on Nov 2 we decided to take a trip but this time in a RUVMH! I think what we will do is go southend then start going west. So we will see what is up until we see water from the Mississippi River and then start back home.
I guess it will be our old goat trip and who knows I might even get to take in a ND Football Game before we land at our home base in Orange County New York. So everyone have a fantastic fall! < K9 Piper <

Old 09-24-2017, 02:06 AM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Welcome to the forum!!! Please download Ed's manual, Ton's of useful information for your coach. Congratulations and hope you have lots of FUN!!!
Old 09-24-2017, 02:42 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome.

Ed's manual: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:33 AM   #4

THOR #5196
Jamie, Thanks for posting the link to Ed's manual for K9, I know about it and have read most of it but always have trouble finding the link. Good man!!!
Old 09-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Congratulations, and welcome to the Family!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #6

THOR #5196
Jamie, looks like I'm not going to be living not to far from you! We're moving from Texas to NE Indiana next week, Hamilton lake area, between Angola and Auburn Indiana. Almost gonna be neighbors, LOL!
Old 09-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Welcome to Indiana!
We visit Pokagon State Park in your area. Has a 2 lane refrigerated toboggan run. Really cool....
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:56 PM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Jamie, looks like I'm not going to be living not to far from you! We're moving from Texas to NE Indiana next week, Hamilton lake area, between Angola and Auburn Indiana. Almost gonna be neighbors, LOL!
Yup about 2 hours away...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:46 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 34E
THOR #5840
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the ride. Retired SCPD K9
Old 09-25-2017, 12:00 AM   #10

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your retirement!

Highly suggested you access the PDI (pre delivery inspection) in Ed's excellent crowd-sourced manual. Print those pages and take them with you, will help you ask the right questions.

Then do a shakedown trip close to home, to familiarize yourself with all the hookups and systems. Many dealers have a place to do that at their location.

When you have questions that you dealer can't or won't help with, bring them here!
Old 09-26-2017, 10:45 PM   #11

Model: Axis RUV 24.1
THOR #9288
Just saying hi...

I would like to thank everyone who gave time to comment on my introduction to the Thor Forums. I would at this time like to update you folks. Today I was advised that the funding for our purchase of a 2018 Axis 24.1 has been secured. I had about 8 different offers from outside lending institutions but decided to go with a lender that my Dealer found. They gave me a few things that I wanted other than the loan and it's duration of the note as well as even looking at a lesser time frame to repay the note, which additionally placed me at the same % and five years earlier of repayment. We will decide that when the unit arrives and we do our walk through. We will have a final walk through when we pick up the unit and if need be make any corrections/repairs that have ben missed.
So folks that is where we are now. The unit should arrive in a week to 10 days unless there is a delay getting the unit off line at that time. It that happens the unit should be here by 10/10/18.
Thanks again for the congrats and kind words as well as the welcome evert one stated.
K9Piper