Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2015, 04:36 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arizona
THOR #1456
Looking for feedback on model 31E

I am anticipating the purchase of a Thor 31E and was hoping to get feedback from any owners on here.

TIA

Sara

Old 01-19-2015, 03:11 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: California
THOR #1414
That's the four winds bunkhouse, yes? We have the 31W.... almost the same floorplan without the bunks... we're very happy with it.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
We have the 31L
I initially thought we needed the bunks, with three kids.... I really wanted a bunk for everyone, but we didn't find that the living room layout worked well for us.

With the longer sofa in the plan we picked, it sleeps a kid well without folding out..... but all three kids sleep in the overhead easily for now and a couple more years.

Very limited counter and cabinet space in the living room with the bunkhouse.

The TV located up on the swivel seemed an afterthought and we felt it would get in the way.

I didn't think much of the 31L on paper, looking at the floor plan, but once in it DW loved it, and I have to admit that she was right. It works better for us.

I like the bathroom layout much better in the 31E, for sure though.

Watch that full length slide too, I've read bad things.... although I'm sure they are not all bad, but that is a lot of weight on the slide mechanisms.....

your 31 E will have 28 gallon grey and 28 gallon black.
ours is 29 grey and 31 black..... we find our black tank sufficient, but our grey tank is too small. It fills up quick if theres a bit of dish washing + showers..... and we are trying to conserve with navy showers, etc....

and comparing specs, the exterior storage volume is less.... although depending on dimensions and configuration, that may not be such a big difference....

Are you buying new?
Either way, plan on doing a very thorough pre-delivery inspection
I did a very thorough one, and found several issues that the dealer corrected, but i still found many other things after.... loose and missing screws, drawer slides that worked, but were misaligned so that they failed once the drawers were loaded. And several of the drawer catches that hold them in while driving were misaligned and not engaging..... just mostly little stuff..... but that's another thread......

Good luck with your decision!