Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2019, 03:52 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #6665
Slide out

Hi my name is Robin, I live in Grants Pass Or, I bought my coach used, and some of the owner's manuals are missing, does anybody know if there is a weight limit on the slide out, I have a 2014 Ace 30.1 the slide out is the dinette and the couch. I took some family members Rving this weekend, and they are big people, now my slide-out is not operating properly.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:16 AM   #2

Model: Serrano
State: Florida
THOR #8144
Doubtful that the weight of your family members could have caused your problem unless you were giving them joy rides while opening ang closing the slides! A little more detail on the type of problem that you are experiencing might help to narrow down the problem.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:36 AM   #3

THOR #6665
Thanks,I have a neighbor coming over tomorrow to help me with the slide out, he’s going to push the button, while I stand outside and try to figure out where the noise is coming from. At first I thought maybe one of the kids threw a toy back behind the slide out, but I didn’t see nothing. I lubed the bottom rails, but the damn kids took my latter, so I won’t be able to lube the top till tomorrow.The slide out was struggling to go out, and then it made a banging noise and stopped, I was like oh dang,so I brought it back in and it came in, I put it back out, and it seem to struggle a little bit, while it was out I lubed the bottom rails.I’ve owned the coach two years and have never had a problem with the slide, So that’s why I thought maybe there was too much weight on it.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #4

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
As for the missing owner's manuals you could contact the manufacturer customer service and they might provide them, or just google your make and model number.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #5

THOR #1249
Could be out of sync. if it is still opening and closing and making a noise. When you retract and extend, hold the button for 4 or 5 sec's and see if this will reset the sync. and smooth it out. You should do this each time you extend and retract the slide per the mfg. instruction which keeps the racks in sync.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #6

THOR #6665
I figured out the problem with the slide out, A screw came out of the plastic end cap that goes on the awning , so it was binding up. 2 years ago on our first trip out we got caught in a windstorm, the wind caught underneath the slide out awning and forced it out about 3 inches, I had to get on top of the roof and wind it back up, so I guess the force from the wind loosen the screws, because the other side was loose also. I took pictures to share, but I can't figure out how to post them!
Old 03-22-2019, 12:19 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to hear that you found and fixed the problem!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:25 PM   #8

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10254
Manuals online

here's a site to try find your missing manuals....

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/
Old 03-22-2019, 01:56 PM   #9

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Posting Pictures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robindunn View Post
I figured out the problem with the slide out, A screw came out of the plastic end cap that goes on the awning , so it was binding up. 2 years ago on our first trip out we got caught in a windstorm, the wind caught underneath the slide out awning and forced it out about 3 inches, I had to get on top of the roof and wind it back up, so I guess the force from the wind loosen the screws, because the other side was loose also. I took pictures to share, but I can't figure out how to post them!

Just under the "Reply" frame, click on "Advanced". At the top of this popup window, find the little "paper clip" icon and click on it. Another box will pop up where you can search for pictures on your device. Click on the pics you want to load. Once they are loaded, you have to click on the "load" button in this same window. Once you've done this, close that pop up window and then hit "Submit Reply" button on bottom of original window. Pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Most peeps forget to hit the "load" button.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote