Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2016, 09:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #3639
New to RVing just wanted to say hi

I am new to the world of MH just picked up my new Citation. Planning on extend nation wide tour this summer. Looking forward to getting started, plan on a few shorter trips between now and June when I plan on leaving to get the new rig broken in and any warranty problems fixed.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:30 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by wathom View Post
I am new to the world of MH just picked up my new Citation. Planning on extend nation wide tour this summer. Looking forward to getting started, plan on a few shorter trips between now and June when I plan on leaving to get the new rig broken in and any warranty problems fixed.
Welcome to the forum. One word of caution is plan ahead for the warranty work. With some dealers it can take a month or two before you get an appointment and then anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks for the dealer to get required parts from Thor.

If at all possible I would recommend a short trip or two, even set up in the driveway, to test all systems early. It is easier to get a service appointment in the winter than it is at the height of the camping season or when everyone else is de-winterizing and preparing for the season.

Again welcome and enjoy
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:21 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #3689
What Dave said x2. Drive over the Cascades for a day or 2 then back. Take copious notes. Then call the service center for your appointment.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:28 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Welcome to the Forum. Taking notes is a must to help the memory, so we keep a clipboard upfront on all trips and jot down every little thing that comes up during road-trips.

As far as a few short trail outings that really is a must. We did our first overnighter in the front yard and leaned a very important safety point...the heat produced by the generator will fry the grass below it a nice crispy brown in about 10 hours! So now we clear all vegetation from around the generator.

On the plus side, I learned of a great yard product: "Scotts EZ-seed Combination Mulch, Seed & Fertilizer" all in one with "water-smart" technology for those ugly bald spots in the yard .

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:02 PM   #5

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 31S
State: Virginia
THOR #2130
I echo the previous replies, play with it now before you leave the driveway. Even an overnight trip, or several in a row will reveal issues before you go a longer distance, We keep a little spiral notebook in the passenger front desk for issues. I also keep one in the Jeep as a tow log. I record the miles under tow to track tire and brake wear. My experience has been with about 12 items it took almost 90 days to mostly resolve everything with the MH 45 days in the shop. They are just down the road from us so the time there does not bother me. They do not always get the correct parts, or maybe the wrong part and you wait. The issue was not always Thor, but another company. Anyway, the dealer was great about everything and kept us informed. They don't want it sitting there that long either, but they do want us happy. The one issue left is now intermittent. The original issue was the air conditioning/heater air flow switch. Most of the time it just blows semi warm air only on defrost. Now it works normal most of the time. I had two occasions the it went back to the original issue. The dealer wants me me to bring it back soonest after I take it out of winter storage, which is really our side yard.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy
Blue Ox Tow Bar and attachment Plate/SMI Brake System
Taking Flight is offline   Reply With Quote