Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2015, 03:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #2045
New 2016 24.1 Vegas

My wife and I just took delivery yesterday. While I get over the worries of the largest depreciating asset I've ever purchased, I plan on seeking out this community pretty regularly. We are complete RV newbs... so this should be interesting.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:33 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations, I hope you have many happy camping miles ahead.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:20 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Congrats and have fun with it!
Old 05-29-2015, 04:55 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
THOR #1907
Congratulations, hope you enjoy your coach as much as we enjoy ours. Only had it two weeks now, but cannot wait for next time we pull out of the driveway and head out.
Great group and loads of good info.

JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:34 PM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Congratulations and enjoy!!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:28 PM   #6

Model: 2014 Hurricane 34f
State: Arkansas
THOR #1845
We were just like you a little over a year ago. It's been quite an experience and can be a little overwhelming at first ! Lot of great advice and info on this forum ! Only been a forum member for a short time but have been reading posts for valuable info for a long time before joining . We are definitely still learning but have figured it out enough to always be eagerly looking forward to our next trip !! Congrats and Good Luck !
Old 06-09-2015, 12:37 AM   #7

THOR #2045
First trip out was pretty interesting... Disney's Fort Wilderness, which is not really roughing it, but a good place to try and test everything. As such, we found a few things... but knock on wood nothing that I wouldn't expect. It's been back once, and needs another return trip (some parts were ordered). So far...

- Piece of outside moulding came loose.
- Main Door was sticking.
- Dead pixel in rear TV (funny they told me I need to turn the antennae - lol - a picture of the bright, red dead pixel changed that).
- Few interior pieces of trim needed glued down/or needed replaced.
- Cable TV splitter was jacked inside some how, would never turn the booster off.

Most of it was stuffed missed during PDI (even things we specifically pointed out, but when we walked out of finance, everyone had gone home). The biggest deal was with an issue that came out of them showing us a 2015, then a 2016 and doing the "we can get you the 2016 for a 2015 price." They did, but interestingly the units did not have the same features. The dealership made mostly good on that, splitting the missing items at their cost.

At the end of the day, still came in under a 2015 unit sale price... but, one of the items, tank heaters, were installed afterwords. First they mounted them below the fridge, then I pointed to the panel(which had switched prewired). So they then moved the aftermarket switches up to right below that panel. Third time should do the trick I guess... which we'll have the remaining items fixed then. I'm also making an appointment for alignment now that we have it pretty well loaded down.

The biggest shock was of course dumping the tanks. When I removed the cap, and water poured out, I about panicked. I hope that doesn't happen every time.

Next trip out is father's day, and then out to OK and west Texas for a summer trip. I'll keep everyone posted!
Old 06-09-2015, 02:43 AM   #8

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Missouri
THOR #1971
Glad you did not find anything major. I hope your dealer takes care of everything to your satisfaction.

PS Love the picture that you started the post with. I like the "Vegas Wing" that you added onto your house.

I know the feeling of that huge depreciating asset. I think ours will build a lot of memories for my wife and I, not to mention starting the grandkids out with some special memories. If that happens it will definitely be worth it. The trailer that preceded the Axis made possible a trip with one of our daughters and my dad who got to see my son's place in Oregon. Priceless memories, many captured in some much used Shutterfly books.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:34 AM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWaymans View Post

... The biggest shock was of course dumping the tanks. When I removed the cap, and water poured out, I about panicked. I hope that doesn't happen every time. ...
I had the same issue on the first trip with my Challenger. It didn't happen when dumping the tanks but rather happened to me when connecting the tanks at the campground. My tanks had about 5 gallons of water inside from the de-winterization/sterilization process and when I opened the cap about a quart or two of water lowed out.

I have since placed a clear hose extension on the system and cap it off and that way I can see what to expect and determine if a bucket may be of use.

The issue has not happened since that first trip and I can only assume it was because the unit had sat around for a while and the gate valve seals were a little dry.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #10

THOR #2045
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I had the same issue on the first trip with my Challenger. It didn't happen when dumping the tanks but rather happened to me when connecting the tanks at the campground. My tanks had about 5 gallons of water inside from the de-winterization/sterilization process and when I opened the cap about a quart or two of water lowed out.

I have since placed a clear hose extension on the system and cap it off and that way I can see what to expect and determine if a bucket may be of use.

The issue has not happened since that first trip and I can only assume it was because the unit had sat around for a while and the gate valve seals were a little dry.
That's a good idea. I'll look into one of those.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:20 PM   #11

THOR #2045
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog View Post
Glad you did not find anything major. I hope your dealer takes care of everything to your satisfaction.

PS Love the picture that you started the post with. I like the "Vegas Wing" that you added onto your house.

I know the feeling of that huge depreciating asset. I think ours will build a lot of memories for my wife and I, not to mention starting the grandkids out with some special memories. If that happens it will definitely be worth it. The trailer that preceded the Axis made possible a trip with one of our daughters and my dad who got to see my son's place in Oregon. Priceless memories, many captured in some much used Shutterfly books.
You know, my parents have owned motorhomes for several decades, and by far the experience I had at this dealership left a lot to be desired. In the end, they've always made good on their word... but it's been a bumpy relationship. I live in the Tampa, FL area (literally about 10 min from Lazy Days - not where I purchased). There's a lot of competition, but that seems to affect very little.

I agree though it's more about memories, and with our trip planned for OK (to see my little brother-in-law graduate from Army bootcamp), it's already making a number of things more possible. Sure we could have driven, and stayed in hotels, or taken a flight and just spent the weekend... but there is something to a great American road trip.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:35 AM   #12

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWaymans View Post
My wife and I just took delivery yesterday. While I get over the worries of the largest depreciating asset I've ever purchased, I plan on seeking out this community pretty regularly. We are complete RV newbs... so this should be interesting.

I'm curious, did you ever see and drive the one you bought before you ordered? I can't find one to look at over here in Western Colorado.