Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2022, 11:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 35.2 Miramar
State: Tennessee
THOR #27681
New to Thor Motorhome

Hello fellow campers. Just bought a 2022 Thor miramar. Headed to glacier as my wife drives a bit. Tried the wipers to clean the window and they won’t work! Hopefully we don’t run into rain before I can figure this out! Looked thru the whole book and nothing on the windshield wipers is listed. Anyone have a similar issue? I’m going to check the fuses once we get stopped for the night. We’ve always had a fifth wheel so the motorhome is a completely new experience.
Thanks for any help you all can give!
Jim

Old 08-14-2022, 01:17 AM   #2

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Welcome to the forum. I bought a 2022 Thor Miramar 37.1 back in March. Make sure to test out every system multiple times. I am having an issue with my furnace not working correctly. It goes into the dealership to replace the computer control board which they ordered a month ago. I have a short list of things to be addressed while it is in the shop. We love the model and put about 3500 miles on it since late March. I am getting 8.8 mpg driving at 60 mph. I am also having an issue with the dinette slide not working correctly. I had to use the control board override to get it to retract.

Paul
Old 08-14-2022, 01:19 PM   #3

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully your wiper problem is a fuse
Old 08-15-2022, 02:59 PM   #4

THOR #27681
Wipers not working

Thanks for the reply Paul. Haven’t been able to find the fuse box for the wipers. Looked under the steering wheel but nothing is labeled and the box under the bed is for all the appliances and stuff inside. We had it at home plugged in using everything for 3 weeks to make sure everything was working. Took it back to the dealer for some repairs on odds and ends. They had it a week. Brought it home plugged back in and started using everything again to be on the safe side. But I didn’t think about the wipers. Never crossed my mind to check them. Air isn’t cooling either. Doesn’t get cold from the vents. It was working then just stopped cooling. Not the camper air the vehicle air. Not really impressed with things so far. Very frustrating to say the least.
Old 08-15-2022, 03:13 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnye View Post
Thanks for the reply Paul. Haven’t been able to find the fuse box for the wipers. Looked under the steering wheel but nothing is labeled and the box under the bed is for all the appliances and stuff inside. We had it at home plugged in using everything for 3 weeks to make sure everything was working. Took it back to the dealer for some repairs on odds and ends. They had it a week. Brought it home plugged back in and started using everything again to be on the safe side. But I didn’t think about the wipers. Never crossed my mind to check them. Air isn’t cooling either. Doesn’t get cold from the vents. It was working then just stopped cooling. Not the camper air the vehicle air. Not really impressed with things so far. Very frustrating to say the least.
Power for anything on the steering wheel comes for the Ford Power Center under the hood. Your Ford owners manual had all the specifics including how to open the fuse box
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 12:25 AM   #6

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Hi Jim

I just looked up the 2021 Ford F53(usually used in the production of the 2022 Miramar models under the hood fuse box and found the following:

Fuse 20 - Wiper Power 20 amp
Fuse 22 - Wiper Module 10 amp
Fuse 38 - Wiper Washer 10 amp

Hope those help you figure it out.

Paul
Old 08-16-2022, 01:31 AM   #7

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
While you are figuring this out, apply Rain X to the windshield. When my 2007 coach was having wiper problems, that product made the wipers almost unnecessary as the rain sheeted away. Use the kind you apply with a rag, not the spray which includes cleaners. It leaves a light haze on application, easily cleared with a damp microfiber cloth.
Old 08-16-2022, 03:59 AM   #8

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
While you are figuring this out, apply Rain X to the windshield. When my 2007 coach was having wiper problems, that product made the wipers almost unnecessary as the rain sheeted away. Use the kind you apply with a rag, not the spray which includes cleaners. It leaves a light haze on application, easily cleared with a damp microfiber cloth.
Yep I agree the Rain X is a must on the big class A windshield. We actually use it on all the windows.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 03:05 PM   #9

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post

Great advice!! I've used the windshield washer solution that includes Rain-X for years in all vehicles (green in color and 2-3 times the price). It applies Rain-X every time you use the sprayer. I hardly ever use wipers in the rain...sounds crazy but true. The harder the rain..the more it just blows away. Plus, it's a great backup in case the wipers stop working or the blade comes apart. Amazing!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 06:26 PM   #10

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Recall

On Ford chassis right. Don’t they have a recall on wipers.
Old 08-28-2022, 02:39 PM   #11

THOR #27681
Windshield wipers

Thanks for all the info. Changed the fuses under the hood for the wipers. Still didn’t work. Stopped at a ford dealership on our way to Glacier and asked about the air not working. They couldn’t help with the wipers or the air. Called ford roadside assistance and they wanted to tow the vehicle. Called the Thor help center and was put on hold and never received a callback. Called the dealer were we bought it and they said we were basically sh__ out of luck that there was nothing that could be done until we got back home. So we drove over 4000 miles round trip with no air and no wipers. Talked to a ford dealer on the trip somewhere in Montana and he said even if they could fit us in to look at the wipers and air that the motor assembly for the wipers is an after market item and can only be ordered by a Thor retailer and it could be months before it came in. We did apply rain ex to the windshield and it did help. Ran the generator with the front air conditioner unit running on high with a fan plugged in blowing any of the cold air at the driver seat. It helped somewhat but it was a pretty miserable drive to and from Montana.
Old 08-28-2022, 02:42 PM   #12

THOR #27681
Another question

Also had to run the heat a few times in Glacier. It was really really loud. Is this normal?
Old 08-28-2022, 04:06 PM   #13

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Also had to run the heat a few times in Glacier. It was really really loud. Is this normal?
Loud as in the blower is loud? Or loud as in rattling noises like loose fan or loud as in the actual furnace sounds like a large blowtorch?
Difficult question to answer
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 10:13 PM   #14

THOR #27681
Heater is very loud

Loud as in a blowtorch loud…. Lol. No rattles. Just loud. We have a flagstaff 5th wheel and it’s very quiet. Just seems extremely loud to me.
Old 08-28-2022, 10:31 PM   #15

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Loud as in a blowtorch loud…. Lol. No rattles. Just loud. We have a flagstaff 5th wheel and it’s very quiet. Just seems extremely loud to me.
If you think it loud inside, just wait until a cool night the coach 6 feet from your front door fires their furnace at about 2 am. We used to sleep under a comforter with the widows open, but not any more.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windshield wipers, wipers