Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2015, 09:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #2992
New Axis owners from NC.

Hello everyone,
My wonderful wife and I picked up a new Thor Axis at Tom Johnson's near the Charlotte Motor Speedway a week or so ago. We are both total RV rookies.
We headed out on our first trip this past Thursday but not before I looked this forum over from top to bottom. Picked up a few great tips from you all that came in very handy.
Thank you for taking the time to post information on this forum for the rest of us to use.
We had a good trip to Baltimore and back. I have some feedback about how the Axis performed that I will post shortly. A few thoughts for Thor to consider, too.
We even had a run in with the folks at Good Sam. A good run in I might add!
I look forward to contributing to this forum and learning from the veterans out there.
Best to all,
David and Debbie
2016 Axis

Old 10-26-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:35 PM   #3

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
Indeed, welcome! Great group of folks here.

Regards,

Randy
Old 10-27-2015, 12:18 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
David and Debbie,

Welcome to the forum. We got our 2016 Vegas 24.1 (Axis' twin sister) at CW of Statesville NC just a few miles from home here in Lincolnton. Look forward to your input.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:27 AM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #1123
Enjoy your new Axis and have safe travels. Welcome aboard and look forward to your feedback.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:38 AM   #6

THOR #2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
David and Debbie,

Welcome to the forum. We got our 2016 Vegas 24.1 (Axis' twin sister) at CW of Statesville NC just a few miles from home here in Lincolnton. Look forward to your input.

Doc
Doc, Just a bit of FYI, after the last race at the CMS, they have ripped the showroom inside Tom Johnson's Concord store apart and are in the process of making the area a new Camping World store.
Thank you for your service.
Best,
David
Old 10-27-2015, 01:18 AM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
THOR #2142
David,

I believe you will see some kind of morphed/hybrid "CW/Tom Johnson" logo on the new store.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:45 AM   #8

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new Axis. We have a 2015 Vegas 24.1 that we bought in Aug and we really enjoy it.

I compiled an Owners' Manual with Checklists from suggestions and tips posted on the forum. It is a good instruction guide for new owners that are new to Axis/Vegas and new to RVs in general. If you send an email to me (bevedfelker@live.com) I'll forward you a cy of the manual. There is lots of info in the manual not covered in the bag of literature you got from the dealer and also has things probably not shown to you during the PDI.

Ed Felkef
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #9

THOR #2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new Axis. We have a 2015 Vegas 24.1 that we bought in Aug and we really enjoy it.

I compiled an Owners' Manual with Checklists from suggestions and tips posted on the forum. It is a good instruction guide for new owners that are new to Axis/Vegas and new to RVs in general. If you send an email to me (bevedfelker@live.com) I'll forward you a cy of the manual. There is lots of info in the manual not covered in the bag of literature you got from the dealer and also has things probably not shown to you during the PDI.

Ed Felkef
Email on the way, Ed! Thank you for doing this for the folks and for your service to this country.
Best,
David