Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #445
New Challenger KT

New to the forums, just pick up our new motor couch 2014 Challenger KT, hope to use this forums to address any problems I may have with this unit. Had 2 ea 5th wheels prior, so I am not new to the RV world. I put 20 years in the USAF and 26 years at Boeing. Looking to go full time once the house sells. From Belleville IL and plane to do a lot of RVing with this unit.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Welcome and thank you for your service. congrats on the new challenger, may it bring you many trouble free camping trips.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
Welcome to the forum from Las Vegas and congratulations on the unit. Got to see my first KT last week. There were only two floor plans I liked at the time we bought and the XD34 ended up being the one we bought as it was on the lot. The KT was the other, and was not in stock that day and we were a little Leary of going back to a 38 ft unit. If my foresight was as good as my hind sight, I'd be not only not wearing glasses, I'd be using a KT instead of the XD. Hope and Pray ya' have good service with it.
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Delaware
THOR #317
We have had our new 2014 Challenger 36fd for about a month and have already found numerous problems. I absolutely love the floor plan, but am so disappointed in the workmanship. We went camping for a long weekend and in the middle of a rainstorm we realized that our black water tank was completely full. My husband went out to drain it and low and behold it would not drain. After trying several times, we were left having to use the campground bathrooms. Nothing like running to the bathroom in the middle of the night in the pouring rain. Needless to say we were not happy. We had owned the Challenger for only 3 weeks. After our trip, we took it directly to the dealer and to everyone's amazement, there was a 3 inch circle of flooring in our tank that had wedged itself in the drain opening. When they had cut the floor to install the toilet, evidently they just let the circle of wood fall in the tank. To me, that is just laziness and it ruined our first weekend of camping. We are returning out Challenger to have a looooong list of problems addressed. Thor may have great floorplans and on the surface the Challenger looks beautiful. If you look closely, however, you will find shoddy work and a very cheaply built motorhome.