Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #7263
Smile New Class C Owner

Hello, we are new, well used 2016 , Class C motor home owners just upgraded from a 2006 Dutchmen travel trailer. Looking forward to doing some traveling now that we are retired and empty nesters. We bought a 2016 Thor Freedom Elite 29FE. Just about finished loading all of our camping supplies from the TT to the RV and looking forward to our maiden voyage. We are so happy to have found this resource of hints and tips, better than trying to reinvent the wheel every time a new issue comes up. Always learning.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:46 PM   #2

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
welcome Big Al
look forward to reading your adventures!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #3

THOR #7263
So glad we found this site. I used the suggestion on how to sanitize the water supply posted somewhere here. LOTS of info. We'll when it got to the part about flushing the lines I was bumfuzzled. I had good cold water pressure in the bath and outside kitchen but no hot water and no water at all in the kitchen. I crawled the RV, under the sofa, under the sinks checking for anything that might be closed or causing the water problem. After a lot of sweat and grumbling I finally figured it out. The water lines must get pinched if the slide is closed. I couldn't open it before as the RV covered parking isn't wide enough. Moved the cars and trucks, pulled out and opened the slide. Ran water using the pump and had water at all faucets, both hot and cold. Just passed trouble shooting 101 - plumbing. I hope​ TS 102 isn't as bad. Right now the bleach water is sitting in the system until flushing it all out tomorrow morning. Question: Why is it that the last thing in troubleshooting is the solution? Why can't it ever be the first thing? Answer: Because you quit looking after the solution is found.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:49 AM   #4

THOR #908
I'm only guessing here, but it doesn't sound right to me that lines are pinched. I would think that as a fatigue point / failure point over time.
If it were me, I'd nose around a bit more to better understand what's going on there.
maybe call Thor's customer service and talk with them to see what they have to say about it, and ask them to send you plumbing drawings while you're at it.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:11 AM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
yeah "water lines being kinked" with the slide in does sound fishy.

I would dig around and find where those water lines are and figure out what they are doing when the slide is in and out (the diagrams from Thor would be very helpful here).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:11 AM   #6

THOR #7263
Thanks, now that I hear what you are saying, it sounds exactly right, today's punch is tomorrow's failure. Burst my bubble. I will be calling Thor in the AM. Thanks
Old 04-27-2017, 10:48 AM   #7

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
First, congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum!!!

Second, I agree you need to get the water line fixed, if it's kinking off when the slide is closed it going to break and you're going to have a mess!

Aren't motorhomes fun!!!
Old 04-27-2017, 12:06 PM   #8

THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Thanks, now that I hear what you are saying, it sounds exactly right, today's punch is tomorrow's failure. Burst my bubble. I will be calling Thor in the AM. Thanks
Hey, look at it as a positive! Becoming more familiar with your coach now will pay off dividends later.

and yes, it truly is sad how many things like this I've had to learn in a similar fashion with this thing. My wife asked me the other day, as in the campground I was dealing with some of the issues that happened resulting from the tire blow-out that happened the day before...."Do you enjoy this stuff?"
My answer was mixed.....but yes.
I don't like spending large amounts of money
and I don't particularly enjoy dealing with this stuff on the side of the highway.... the urgent emergency stuff
but the tinkering.... yeah, i suppose I look on it as a hobby that gives me something to do....and I do find some satisfaction at the end of the day when I fix something, or make it a little better.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:01 PM   #9

THOR #7263
Just got off the phone with Thor support. They agree something must be crimped and that should not be. The water lines are under the floor and not accessible by the user. Of course the warranty just expired. I have to get in touch with my dealer and set up an appointment to have the problem addressed.