Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2015, 11:33 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #2276
New to Forum

Hello!
We purchased a 2014 Tuscany XTE in October, and went full time in December. We initially booked an rv resort in florida from December to May. This would give us the time to iron out all the "bugs" of which there were many, before we hit the road in May. Our dream is to golf in every state, and we started out in Key West and will head up the east coast for the summer. We continue to have one problem after another with our rig, and are finding it difficult to manage a planned trip around dealing with warranty facilities. But, that is another post. We hopefully will find useful tips here and hopefully will get all the problems fixed so we can enjoy our journey. We do love our rig layout, storage and decor. Mechanically, we feel very unsettled. Will be asking alot of questions!!

Old 06-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome.
I'm sorry to hear about your issues, hopefully Thor, the dealer, and help from the forums here will get them all resolved. A good thing about camping: If other campers see you working on something you'll suddenly find yourself with a bunch of other helpers (and others sitting around in lawn chairs watching the proceedings! LOL).

Quote:
Our dream is to golf in every state
Cool! I find those kind of goals very fun. Make sure on your way to your goal, though, that you also use the opportunity to take in other sights for each state (which I'm sure you will given that you are fulltiming).

We have a goal of our own--sparked by our son--see a game at all of the MLB ballparks. At the end of this season we'll be 1/2 through. (This is why I say look at other things: Our son is quite fixated on only the ballparks, but we've been "forcing" him to see other stuff LOL. I'm sure at some point in the future he may come to appreciate all the other stuff he's seen and experienced along the way.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:53 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Congratulations and welcome.
I'm sorry to hear about your issues, hopefully Thor, the dealer, and help from the forums here will get them all resolved. A good thing about camping: If other campers see you working on something you'll suddenly find yourself with a bunch of other helpers (and others sitting around in lawn chairs watching the proceedings! LOL).

Cool! I find those kind of goals very fun. Make sure on your way to your goal, though, that you also use the opportunity to take in other sights for each state (which I'm sure you will given that you are fulltiming).

We have a goal of our own--sparked by our son--see a game at all of the MLB ballparks. At the end of this season we'll be 1/2 through. (This is why I say look at other things: Our son is quite fixated on only the ballparks, but we've been "forcing" him to see other stuff LOL. I'm sure at some point in the future he may come to appreciate all the other stuff he's seen and experienced along the way.)
I'm running down insurance quotes for the 25.1 i'm considering at Total Value RV. Does anyone on this thread have suggestions where to get the best price on total coverage for the new one if it happens. Insurance is such a scam i feel a need to get the best price i can. Any advice would be welcome indeed. thanks. Dave
Old 06-24-2015, 02:08 PM   #4

Model: 2016 AXIS 24.1 RUV
State: California
THOR #2172
Investigate getting rv insurance thru Good Sam. National General is the Insurance Company that administers the coverage. We got insurance thru them at a very reasonable rate per year.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #5

State: Louisiana
THOR #2309
We are retired military and have USAA home and auto insurance. USAA has an arrangement with Progressive to insure RVs and we also get an small discount. Progressive actually reviewed my other toy insurance policies and sent me 3 refund checks. Does hurt to price if you qualify.